Following on from my recent post - thanks again to everyone who posted replies - I’ve now discovered that my recently acquired speakers (15XRs) have a minor issue which needs attention. And given my lack of experience, just thought I’d ask for some pointers.

The outer rubber gasket on the mid/bass driver on one of the two 15XRs has come unstuck from the metal speaker frame (if that’s the right terminology). I suppose this is not a surprise nor unusual for adhesive which must be close to 50 years old.

At the moment, it’s noticeable in 2 areas but I’m absolutely sure that if I were to apply any pressure at all around the rest of the gasket, then it would all come away. Sure it’ll be the same on the other speaker, too.
I noticed this only last evening when playing the accoustic version of Hotel California at a higher than normal volume level. I noticed a ‘chesty cough’ type noise, got down on the floor, watched and was able to see the bottom and side of the gasket coming away from the frame when the deeper bass notes were hit.

The speaker cone itself looks in vgc, so I’m assuming it’s just the gasket which needs re-sticking/glueing.
Having zero experience, I’ve looked on line for videos but had no luck.

Is this something that a complete (mid 60 year old) novice should attempt or best left to the experts?
if these were my ‘forever’ speakers then I would get them done professionally, no question.
But they are clearly not in that category and I may in fact decide to simply trade them on. If I do that, though, I would highlight the fact that a repair is needed. I could not sell them without highlighting this now I know about it.

In the big scheme of things, I realise this is minor but I just don’t know where to start. I don’t even know what adhesive would be used!

Hope I’ve posted in the correct forum and that it shouldn’t have gone under DIY.

Thanks in advance for any pointers/advice.