+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: QUAD 306 Amplifier (Excellent condition)

I'm Josie.

Default FS: QUAD 306 Amplifier (Excellent condition)

Hi all.

I have this for sale. I bought this from Camtwister (link here) last year. Only used very occasionally since.

My main amplifier is now back working so this would only collect dust.

It was serviced by Amplabs in 2011.

The work done is described as:
    "Replaced, full set of electrolytic smoothing caps and decoupling caps.
    The loudspeaker 4mm sockets were replaced with conformal binding posts with blanking plugs."

Power output: 50 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo)
    Frequency response: 13Hz to 40kHz
    Total harmonic distortion: 0.03%
    Input sensitivity: 0.375V
    Signal to noise ratio: 105dB
    Dimensions: 321 x 64 x 207mm
    Weight: 4.62kg

http://quad-hifi.info/public/quad+30...%5B3125%5D.pdf

Please note the input sensitivity and the requirements for your system to have a suitable gain structure.

I used this with a Tisbury passive which matched perfectly.

If you don't want to use a passive or don't have other matching Quad kit, you can have the sensitivity changed to your choosing which is an easy job to do. I was going to do it but I decided to keep it original as I knew it was only going to be a stand-by amp for me.

This is one hell of a little amplifier. I was so surprised with its sound. I've had a couple of Quads in the past but this one really has soul.

The great thing about it is that you can have it upgraded. The best upgrade is the DADA upgrade I believe.

Condition wise, it's really nice. Really clean inside and out. The only thing which is only right to mention is that it has a few marks on the fins at the front. Pics show this best.

I'm asking £250 + post.

PayPal giftywoo please.

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    Last edited by The Black Adder; 13-09-2021 at 15:05.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Josie.

Open to offers
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Josie.

bump

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Josie.

Price bump to £200 + post - Firm

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Josie.

Wow.. At £200 + post... I thought this would have been snapped up. Seriously, this is a wonderful little amp. Very surprising regards to the capability.

This is in stock condition so it can be made to suit your system and, like Marco has found, it can be upgraded too with excellent results.

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm malcolm.

Yeah I'm surprised it's still available, a nice piece of kit - but sales seem slow at present, I suppose it's just that time of year.
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Josie.

Thanks, yep... Everything seems slow at the moment.

Its a lovely amp. Someone is in for a bargain. This little thing really does put a grin on your face. I wasn't expecting such a top quality delivery and finesse from it.

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Josie.

Sold STP

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

+ Reply to Thread