+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which speakers for 'modestly' powered Class D Amps....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Russell.

Default Which speakers for 'modestly' powered Class D Amps....

I want something to partner my Lumin M1 streaming amp as most of my listening is digital these days.

I’ve got several speakers I currently use but can’t get to what I feel sounds right to me.

The best I’ve tried is with my Davone Rays but I’m keeping them in another system with my Gato DIA400S.

The Lumin is currently paired with some Harbeth Compact 7’s which I can find a little fatiguing after a while listening to my preferred rock / metal etc.

Transversely my Spendor S5e’s can sound a bit too laid back at times and a little fuzzy to my ears.

My other speakers are some XTZ 99.38 which I feel need more power than the Lumin can offer (60w into 8 ohms, 100w 4 ohm class D) having 10” woofers so was wondering which speakers I should be considering with the Lumin?

The rig is set up in a spare room where I listen with the speakers along the longest wall in a 4m x 3m room so I'm after something that sounds good at fairly relatively modest volume with good Bass extension.

I understand speakers are subjective and ideally I'd get to listen to a few pairs before taking the plunge but was wondering what other members are using in similar circumstances?

Was thinking something like some Klipsch or similar high sensitivity speakers might hit the mark?
    Last edited by Weeman1973; 06-09-2021 at 16:11.

+ Reply to Thread