+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member here.

I'm Kevin.

Default New member here.

Hello my name is Kevin.
    I have been around audio all my life but had some time out for the last 8 years.
    I am now getting my kit up and running.
    I currently own 2 x Thorens 124s, 1 x Garrard 301 and 1 x Garrard 401. My speakers are Harbeth Super HL5s. These have been in storage.
    Not having an amp I have just bought a NAD 316 'to get me going'. I had a 314 in the early 90s so know NAD well.
    My last amp was an EAR/Yoshino 50 watt integrated. That replaced a Naim 135 system which replaced a Naim 140 system.
    I will most likely be looking at Croft amplification in the coming months once I have one or other of my turntables set up.

I listen to much music, but broadly 70s hard rock, current hard rock and metal, British 60s jazz and Krautrock/electronica. The only Classical I listen to is Holst's Planet Suite, of which I own many versions.

I'm Geoff.

Hi Kevin. Welcome to AOS.

The NAD amp should be just fine to kick-off your renewed involvement in H-Fi.

Anyway, join in the chat, we have sections covering all aspects of audio and music.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Kevin.

Cheers Geoff.
    "Back in the day" I was a lurker of all the forums but mostly Wigwam and PFM; I was not on here so much but this time around I feel more in sync here.
    Yes, the NADs are capable little amps. It's easy to get carried away and listen to the equipment but I am first and foremost a music lover. Money is a bit tighter nowadays so any purchases will have to be reasoned.
    I did have a sizeable CD collection of 1000s but that is now nil. I now only possess vinyl so my replay system is vinyl based. I kept my Naim CDX but will gift that to a friend on permanent loan. I do have a Sony Walkman and laptop with FLAC files.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Wow - 13 years since you signed up Kevin - quite the "sleeper"! Well, welcome to AoS and hope you enjoy the forum.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Josie.

Welcome, Kevin.

Glad you've now joined us. Great to have you here.

I've also had a 124. In fact,you can read about it on my website below.

I also run a highly updated Croft so might have some pointers for you.

Glenn is a great bloke to boot.

Enjoy AOS.

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

Location: Out on the wild and windy moors Lancs / Yorks Border

I'm Andy.

Hi and welcome Kevin

Andy
    Just over the hill when your in Huddersfield.
    Analogue
    401 / PU7 / AT33ev
    Longdog Audio Quartz turntable PSU
    Longdog Audio MCJ1 - Prototype Phonostage
    Digital
    Innuos Zen Mini Mk 3
    Topping D50s
    Caiman Seg & Dorado
    Cambridge CXC
    Amps
    Tron Seven Linestage
    Bel Canto Set 40 or Nick Gorham built 300B Set Monoblocks
    Speakers
    Tannoy GRF Memory.
    Tannoy ST100.

I'm Kevin.

Cheers guys,

Josie, I shall take a peek at your site. Large Tannoys are what I considered to be my endgame for many years. Had my life not turned out like it did I would have had them by now! My Harbeths shall have to suffice for the time being.

Andy, I am in the process of moving to Huddersfield (only spent one night there so far) but should get settled in shortly. And Tannoys too!

Location: Out on the wild and windy moors Lancs / Yorks Border

I'm Andy.

Good news Kev, couple of lads in Huddersfield and Leeds plus me out on the moor above Hebden Bridge, we have occasional get togethers too that you would be welcome to attend, nothing formal just a few lads chatting about music and kit.

Andy
    Analogue
    401 / PU7 / AT33ev
    Longdog Audio Quartz turntable PSU
    Longdog Audio MCJ1 - Prototype Phonostage
    Digital
    Innuos Zen Mini Mk 3
    Topping D50s
    Caiman Seg & Dorado
    Cambridge CXC
    Amps
    Tron Seven Linestage
    Bel Canto Set 40 or Nick Gorham built 300B Set Monoblocks
    Speakers
    Tannoy GRF Memory.
    Tannoy ST100.

I'm Kevin.

I dig your site Josie. I note you had your TD124 serviced by Schopper.
    I purchased both mine from him, I used to live in and around Geneva for quite a few years. One of mine is a standard Mk2 and the other a 'Schoppered' Mk2 with some nice upgrades.

I'm Kevin.

That sounds cool Andy. It would be grand to chat about music and kit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast