+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Celestion - what to choose

I'm Stuart.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Bit left field but if you like the Castles these have just come up, and they are efficient so perfect for your Rega. Quite a fan base on the forums I'd go for it if I were you.

https://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum/top...voice-avatars/
    Thanks for the heads up. I’m a bit embarrassed to admit I’ve never hear of Living voice before today!
    Sadly, irrespective of price, condition, SQ or anything else, they’re not for me as they’re in the one ‘colour’ which my lounge can’t take.
    This is the second time today that there’s been a chance of a quality speaker, only to find it’s in the Rosewood colour. I was offered a pair of Talisman IIs on another forum earlier this afternoon.
    I’m sure if I persevere something will come up - not that I actually need anything more - given that I currently own 2 pairs.

I'm Stewart.

I run a pair of 33s through either a vintage Sony or Trio receiver and love em., Both are 35/49wpc and my room is about 3.5m square and they fill it nicely with a lovely clean sound, then again the heaviest rock I would listen to would be Dire Straits or maybe some Hendrix.

Sent from my moto g pro using Tapatalk

I'm Stewart.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMoseley View Post
    Thanks for the info. I had already realised that the lower driver was an ABR, but I'm grateful to you for pointing this out.

Well, hopefully below there should be some photos. I will apologise in advance, though. I've never posted any images on the forum before today and if there is an image size restriction, then I may have fallen foul of it.

Sadly, with a recent reformatting of a hard drive and re installation of Windows, I haven't yet got round to re-installing Lightroom, so don't know how to reduce image size in W10.

The final photo shows some minor damage to one of the cabinets. It's nothing major and looks much worse in the photo than in real life! I'm going to get hold of a 5mm veneer strip from somewhere and try to repair it unless anyone has a better idea.

Update - after uploading the photos, the order seems to have changed. So the photo showing cabinet damage may not be last. Photos of both speakers are included, though and you'll also see one of my Castle Severn 2s in the background.
    Well I'll be......

I have the same Ercol Hifi cabinet in my attic, Windsor range from mid 90s iirc.

I'm Stuart.

Quote Originally Posted by vinylmagic View Post
    Well I'll be......

I have the same Ercol Hifi cabinet in my attic, Windsor range from mid 90s iirc.

I’m guessing you already know just how much these fetch at auction?
    That said, mine is going nowhere.
    Thanks for replying.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567