+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Arm Mounting Collar for Jelco SA-750 - essential for setting correct azimuth

I'm John.

Shuggie -

Just registering my interest in a Jelco collar.

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by jonners View Post
    Shuggie -

Just registering my interest in a Jelco collar.
    Thanks. I am going to confirm my order for a batch of collars at the end of the week, probably for 10 units. The cost per unit will rise by £5 if anodising is required - the standard of finish on the standard bead-blasted product is actually very smart, so my inclination is that anodising is only necessary if another colour, eg black, is required. The cost of anodising is getting on for £50, irrespective of the number of pieces done, so for small numbers it does get disproportionately pricey.

Price of the natural alloy finish collar will probably be in the region of £30 to £35 once mounting bolts, grub screw, allen key and postage are factored in, but I'll confirm that early next week.

Any more progress?
    Roger.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

£30 to £35?

Blimey!

Some makers would charge a couple of hundred or more for it.......
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyfisher View Post
    Any more progress?
    Not as I type, but I shall call my contact later for an update.

£30 to £35?

Blimey!

Some makers would charge a couple of hundred or more for it.......
    I have no interest in making profit from this, so with luck that will be the price, subject to confirmation, of course. I'm taking a minor financial risk in having a batch made up, so I need them to sell!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Nice one, Hugo. I'll certainly be taking one (with the natural alloy finish) - just let me know when you want paid

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Nice one, Hugo. I'll certainly be taking one (with the natural alloy finish) - just let me know when you want paid

Marco.
    They will all be in natural, beadblasted alloy finish. The batch costs for anodising would add greatly to the unit price, so if anyone wants one in black, blue, red etc, then they are better off taking a natural alloy collar to a local anodising company themselves.

I'm Juha.

Hello again Shuggie.

I was hoping to get the collar in black, but it does not make a difference really. So I will take the collar bead blasted alloy finish .

Quote Originally Posted by Shuggie View Post
    They will all be in natural, beadblasted alloy finish. The batch costs for anodising would add greatly to the unit price, so if anyone wants one in black, blue, red etc, then they are better off taking a natural alloy collar to a local anodising company themselves.
    My Gear

Source components:
    Garrard 401 in a solid birch plywood plinth / Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro / ESCo modified Denon DL-103
    Pioneer TX-9800 tuner
    Amplification:
    Art Audio Diavolo and Conductor, Pair of XTZ Sub Amp 1's, Nick G 'Dual Phono' phono stage
    Loudspeakers:
    Bastanis Mandala Atlas with 15" sealed woofers
    Cables:
    Analysis Plus: Big Silver Oval speaker cables and Silver Oval-in interconnects, Mark Grant DSP 2.5 Dual Screened power cables
    Record cleaning
    Nitty Gritty 1.5Fi MK II

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Hugo,

Any more on the collars, mate?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hi Hugo,

Any more on the collars, mate?

Marco.
    My apologies to everyone, waiting patiently for these collars. I am told that the chap who is machining the collars is away for a couple of weeks, so there will be a further delay. I can only apologise for this delay and ask for your continued patience.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast