+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Arm Mounting Collar for Jelco SA-750 - essential for setting correct azimuth

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyfisher View Post
    I would be interested in one of your arm collars for my 12" Jelco, I agree the original supplied is not really good enough.

How is the collar fitted, with a couple of screws?

Can you PM with some idea of the cost.

Many thanks

Roger
    The collar is fitted using the same three M4 bolts as the standard Jelco collar. The one that you see above has countersunk bolts, but any others made will have recessed holes for the standard hex-head M4 bolts.

I'm Juha.

I would also be interested in your arm collar. Only way to get arm straight is to use playing cards both sides of the arm collar, which is not ideal/user friendly really.

Any possibilities having it in black to mach my Jelco SA-750LB?

Can you send me a PM re costs involved.

Thanks,
    Juha
    My Gear

Source components:
    Garrard 401 in a solid birch plywood plinth / Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro / ESCo modified Denon DL-103
    Pioneer TX-9800 tuner
    Amplification:
    Art Audio Diavolo and Conductor, Pair of XTZ Sub Amp 1's, Nick G 'Dual Phono' phono stage
    Loudspeakers:
    Bastanis Mandala Atlas with 15" sealed woofers
    Cables:
    Analysis Plus: Big Silver Oval speaker cables and Silver Oval-in interconnects, Mark Grant DSP 2.5 Dual Screened power cables
    Record cleaning
    Nitty Gritty 1.5Fi MK II

I'm Hugo.

Thanks to Hamish, I now have a better idea of Technics users' requirements. The slight design changes will go in today and as soon as I have a price, I'll post it here. One thing, though - use of the new collar will have to assume that the Technics is fitted with one of Sound HiFi's sunken armboards, which should ensure that the arm still goes low enough to get a suitable range of VTA adjustment.

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by selfaddict View Post
    Any possibilities having it in black to mach my Jelco SA-750LB?

Can you send me a PM re costs involved.

Thanks,
    Juha
    I have asked about black anodising. As soon as I know what the cost is, I'll post it here. I really don't know for sure at this stage.

I'm David.

my arm board was an early one if that makes any odds?
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    my arm board was an early one if that makes any odds?
    No, it does not matter since the later Sound HiFi Jelco armboards are recessed by about the same 5mm as my collar is taller, so all square!

Whilst waiting for one of Shuggie's new Jelco collars, I decided to take the Low output Benz Micro Glider off the Jelco as it just was not sounding right, some records and some parts of most records sounded OK then it sounded awfull.

I had to find out if it was the arm, the cartridge, or a miss match?

I now have the Benz Micro Glider on the Xenon and it took a while to set up, but by heck the cartridge that I bought 2nd hand, and had started to think I had bought a dud is in fact absolutely stunning in the right arm.

This just shows how important getting the right arm/cart match up is.

Now for that 103 to get the Jelco singing.
    Roger.

I'm Guy.

I'd also be interested in a new collar if you'd pm me with the cost.

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by pure sound View Post
    I'd also be interested in a new collar if you'd pm me with the cost.
    The minor design changes have gone in and I'm waiting for costings. I did not start this project to become a supplier, but it's clear that the unit cost does depend on the size of the production run, so it could actually be no more expensive to have more made.

Default Jelco

Having had a loan of Jerry's Ali bodied DL103, I can see how this cartridge is well suited to the Jelco arm.

One thing I noticed is that the 103 is quite a shallow sitting cartridge and the arm is quite low in relationship to the SP10.

I am not looking for more weight as I have an AT-LS18 headshell so I am up to 27grms already with the cartridge.

What is the best material for a spacer, and is there any recomended thickness?
    Roger.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast