+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Arm Mounting Collar for Jelco SA-750 - essential for setting correct azimuth

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by Slideshaker View Post
    Hugo,

Just a quick update: 4 'orders' so far, just from the weekend.

Also, just wondered if a 'one-off' was possible? - same basic design, but arm lift cut-out not required and different diameter hole. Thanks.
    Off the top of my head and based on my original prototype cost, a one-off would cost at least twice as much, eg most probably £70-£80, not including any anodising which is very expensive indeed for single items.

Thanks for putting the word about. If I can get enough interest for a much larger production run, then I can keep costs reasonable while ensuring that I don't lose any money myself; also I can consider anodising which is cheap enough if done on a large batch. The last run was perilously close to costing me money!

I'm paul.

Hugo, the plastic bit on your Counterweight comes off very easily and is just something to vibrate, just pull it with your fingers.
    PS it will go back on just as easily.
    Paul

Thorens TD 124, Thorens 12" Arm refurbished by Alfred, Shure M55, Denon 103r ,whest PS30R , Auditorium A23 Sony XA20 ES, Benchmark DAC 1 HDR, Elite Townsens 600c Pre,
    DPA Enlightenment DAC, , , Radford STA 25 Series 3, Aurex ST S80 , Tannoy Monitor Golds 15" Tannoy York Enclosures, TEAC DS H01, Isotek Substation, Abbey Road Reference Speaker Cables
    and some other stuff

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuggie View Post
    Off the top of my head and based on my original prototype cost, a one-off would cost at least twice as much, eg most probably £70-£80, not including any anodising which is very expensive indeed for single items.
    Ok, thanks anyway, getting a little too expensive.

I'm Chris.

Hi Hugo,

Another update, I have 9 expressions of interest from Lenco members.
    Do you happen to have a figure you need to get another run?

Cheers,

I'm Bernie.

Hugo, I'd love to be put on the list if you are going to manufacture another batch.
    Bernie.

I'm Hugo.

Thank you all for your further interest. I have recently asked for quotes on different sizes of additional production runs and shall make a decision in the next couple of weeks.

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuggie View Post
    Thank you all for your further interest. I have recently asked for quotes on different sizes of additional production runs and shall make a decision in the next couple of weeks.
    An update, of sorts, for those waiting for news on a fresh batch of Jelco collars. Sadly, there is nothing to report yet - I am still waiting for the costings (the fabricator is apparently flat out with work). I shall do another batch, though: it's just a matter of time.

I'm Jason.

Nice one Hugo.
    Any idea how big a batch and how many you already have sold? I know I said one additional arm collar but I may possibly want a 2nd too if not all sold yet?
    Jason
    Technics SP10,(Jelco)LAD Tonearm,Pickering XV15/625e,Herbie's mat; Technics Sl1210 Mk5/Mission 774SM/DL160; Techncs SL1210/Ortofon VMS20eMKII;Technics SL1210Mk2, Jelco(LAD) tonearm, Nagaoka MP20, Platter matter; Technics SL7, P22
    Other Carts:
    AT120e, AT440MLa, AT110e,Goldring 1****,
    2X Marantz CD5400
    marantz PM7300,Rotel RA960 BX; Cambridge Audio 640P X 2
    Wharfedale 9.1; Tannoy Mercury F1.

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba45 View Post
    Nice one Hugo.
    Any idea how big a batch and how many you already have sold? I know I said one additional arm collar but I may possibly want a 2nd too if not all sold yet?
    I have asked for costings for a rather larger batch than the first one. The idea is that I may be able to include anodising while keeping the price to a reasonable level. It looks like expressions of interest here and on Lenco Heaven would account for at least half of what I've asked for, which is encouraging. This is not a business venture - I just have to make sure that I'm not risking my own money!

I'm Jason.

I'm a memeber of VE do you want me to ask on there for you too?
    Jason
    Technics SP10,(Jelco)LAD Tonearm,Pickering XV15/625e,Herbie's mat; Technics Sl1210 Mk5/Mission 774SM/DL160; Techncs SL1210/Ortofon VMS20eMKII;Technics SL1210Mk2, Jelco(LAD) tonearm, Nagaoka MP20, Platter matter; Technics SL7, P22
    Other Carts:
    AT120e, AT440MLa, AT110e,Goldring 1****,
    2X Marantz CD5400
    marantz PM7300,Rotel RA960 BX; Cambridge Audio 640P X 2
    Wharfedale 9.1; Tannoy Mercury F1.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast