+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RPi4 with Allo Digione Signature

I'm Stuart.

Default RPi4 with Allo Digione Signature

Morning all
    New member here and although I’ve introduced myself on the new Members thread, hope it’s OK to post a short message here in case my above kit - and journey getting there - is of my interest to anyone. probably not, but just in case!
    Although I have been a keen music listener since the 70s, I am still a complete novice when compared to most on here and strongly suspect that I will be looking for more advice on various matters than I can ever hope to give back.
    Stuart

I'm Geoff.

Just describe what you have in mind Stuart. I'm sure any questions can be answered.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Stuart.

Thank you.
    I seem to be constantly thinking that my speakers could be greatly improved upon, at reasonable cost.
    I’m currently in the mindset of getting hold of some old Celestions (33s or 44s) but it’s a pretty confused picture and I can’t even explain why I’m thinking Celestion, other than they are British made/quality and will not be silly money.
    Sadly, though, I don’t really know where to start and I’m probably going to need some pointers when I can see through my muddled fog thinking!
    I have zero experience of working on speaker internals although could be quite handy with cabinet refurbs.
    Stuart
    PS info only to answer your question, Geoff. as and when, I’ll post on the proper sub forum (Past Masters?)
    Last edited by MisterMoseley; 31-08-2021 at 08:40. Reason: Add PS

I'm Geoff.

Be careful with Ditton 44 and 33 speakers, the tweeters are easily damaged and scarce because of this. And yes, Past Masters is the correct section to discuss vintage equipment.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread