+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FS Art Audio Jota Silver Signature

I'm Shaun.

Bumpety Bump for the Weekend

I'm Chris.

Perhaps you could explain.

I read that the Jota has spec of 18wpc arrived at by having parallel single ended 300Bs.

So how is it I see only one 300B per channel??
    Source
    SW1X Universal Music Server UMS I Signature with Power Supply Unit PSU I Signature
    SW1X USB II
    SW1X DAC III Special
    Audiolab 6000 CDT transport
    Amps
    Pre amps -- Hi fi Collective twin mono ladder stepped attenuator, with Charcroft Z-foil and silver wired. And First Watt B1 active no gain buffer.
    Power amps -- Welborne 45 SET monoblocks 1.8W / Decware Taboo 6W / Elekit 300B TU-8600SVK plus further improved components 9W / ICE Power 1000W
    Speakers
    Highly modified Endorphin P17 open baffle speakers containing both vintage and modern alnico drivers and paper cones. All silver wired - 8" Cube Audio FC8 full range drivers and vintage 15" Altec VOTT 416 bass drivers. All sat on Townsend Audio Podium seismic isolation platforms.
    BK Electronics XLS400FF Sub.
    Cabling
    Silver mains cables, interconnects and speaker cables by SW1X
    Headphones
    HRT HeadStreamer and SennHeiser HD650 headphones

I'm Shaun.

There are plenty of reviews out there that will explain why.

The amp outputs 20wpc using these 300B XLS Tubes which are top quality strong well built tubes.

" In their quest for yet broader appeal, Art Audio’s designers wanted to increase the Diavolo’s maximum output by 50%, which for a 300B-type amp is already hefty. This would make it compatible with an even broader range of popular speakers, spreading the euphoria-inducing 300B virus amongst those still married to that most American of all beliefs -- that bigger is better. Seriously though, unless your speakers are deficient in the sensitivity department -- in other words, brawny he-man jobs sucking up juice like a V-10 -- most home listening takes place at output levels well below 10 watts. A robust 20Wpc amplifier with graceful overload and quick recovery behavior should be more than sufficient (and anyway, a 200Wpc amplifier will only play 10dB louder).

To this end, the Diavolo’s single GZ37 rectifier circuit was deemed insufficient to produce truly linear low bass at the Jota’s envisioned maximum power output. Faced with the option to add a second pair of GZ37s, Tom Willis produced a proprietary solid-state circuit instead that now precedes the tube rectifier stage. This hybrid marries the sonics of tube rectification with the low-end control of solid state. Additionally, transformers and voltage regulators were beefed up and power-supply capacitance substantially increased. The bias current was raised to 150 milli-amperes and plate voltage to 450 volts. "

Hope this helps

I'm Steven.

I haven't been on AoS for years and the first thing I see is my old amplifier that I had upgraded (in 2014, so it appears). It also has 8 and 4 ohm taps, I seem to remember. It outputs 22w. £4,500 is a good price, I think the upgrades I did cost almost £2k (silver wiring, volume control, a few other things I can't remember). OK for speakers around 90db+.
    Wilson, Luxman, Innuos, Holo May, Puritan, Garrard

I'm Shaun.

Thanks Mr Segal - I hope you are well and still enjoying your music

And another Bump - I am open to a decent offer - dont be shy - its a fine amp

I'm Shaun.

A late bump for the weekend

Would consider a swap / Part ex for something interesting - maybe a EAR Yoshino V12 is lurking out there

I'm Shaun.

Bump for the weekend

Yes its a lot of money but its a lot of amp too

I have a spare set of virtually unused ( less than 50hrs ) Emission Labs 300B XLS's for this amp which will last a life time - they can become part of the deal for the right money

These are probably the best 300b's without going to daft money

I'm Shaun.

Anything for the weekend Sir ?

I'm Shaun.

She is still here

Some interest but no takers as yet

Default 😍

If only I had the dosh and speakers to match.

I had an AA Quintet and matching pre some years ago. Outstanding amps. Only other valve amp that I’ve had that compared was a Cary with big Border Patrol psu.

Plus, Tom at Art is a lovely, straightforward gentleman. Fascinating to hear some of his views on audio.

I can only imagine this amp is up there with some of the best available.

GLWS👍
    Kev.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast