+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FS Art Audio Jota Silver Signature

I'm Shaun.

Default FS Art Audio Jota Silver Signature 300B SET

This is Tom's top spec version of this amp with the following differences

It has three inputs and a remote control volume so it can be used as a integrated which is how I used it

It has been upgraded internally with all silver wiring and WBT speaker posts at the rear, - This makes it the silver signature version and I have the certificate for this.

The power switch has been moved from the rear to the RHS so you dont have to reach over it to power it on and off

The main caps have been upgraded from Musicaps ( Which a lot of people upgrade to ) to Jupiter caps

It is fitted with Emission Lab 300b XLS valves which are very well made and last forever - Oh and sound great too

It also has some high quality Reflektor 6922 tubes fitted

When you look at it the rectifier tubes are not fitted as it does not need them - there are two silver caps fitted in their place - I have the tubes though,

It was originally manufactured in 2011 and upgraded to silver spec in 2014

It has the Sentry start up circuit which checks the circuits before powering them up.

I would like £4,500 ono[IMG]IMG_2216 by S ONEILL, on Flickr[/IMG][IMG]IMG_2220 by S ONEILL, on Flickr[/IMG][IMG]IMG_2223 by S ONEILL, on Flickr[/IMG][IMG]IMG_2222 by S ONEILL, on Flickr[/IMG][IMG]IMG_2219 by S ONEILL, on Flickr[/IMG]
    Last edited by oneills; 01-09-2021 at 12:17.

I'm Martin.

Lumley Heliosphere Audiomods 5
    Voyd Valdi AN Arm 1 V2 and Denon MC
    Audiomeca Talisman Highly Modded
    Audiomeca Kreatura &,SW1X DAC1
    Hovland HP200 MC
    Hovland Radia
    Ming Da 805 monos
    Magnum Dynalab Etude, RWA Cassabria + LCD 3
    Wilson Benesch Actors
    Cables by Cardas, Hovland G3 and Yter

I'm Shaun.

Bump for the weekend - open to reasonable offers

Fantastic amp with the right speakers, Quality built in the UK and Tom Willis is still going strong with Art Audio if ever you need anything

Full boxed

I'm Shaun.

Bump for this weekend - and still open to reasonable offers

If by any chance anyone is waiting for me to drop the price by a chunk before pouncing you will be waiting some time - I know how good it is and therefore what it is worth

I'm Shaun.

Bump again

I cant believe there is no interest - I blame Covid19

I'm Grant.

pretty amp that.. i like its style.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Chris.

"When you look at it the rectifier tubes are not fitted as it does not need them - there are two silver caps fitted in their place - I have the tubes though."

I'm not sure I'm gifted enough to understand this. If it was originally built with rectifier tubes how do you take them out without consequences.
    Source
    SW1X Universal Music Server UMS I Signature with Power Supply Unit PSU I Signature
    SW1X USB II
    SW1X DAC III Special
    Audiolab 6000 CDT transport
    Amps
    Pre amps -- Hi fi Collective twin mono ladder stepped attenuator, with Charcroft Z-foil and silver wired. And First Watt B1 active no gain buffer.
    Power amps -- Welborne 45 SET monoblocks 1.8W / Decware Taboo 6W / Elekit 300B TU-8600SVK plus further improved components 9W / ICE Power 1000W
    Speakers
    Highly modified Endorphin P17 open baffle speakers containing both vintage and modern alnico drivers and paper cones. All silver wired - 8" Cube Audio FC8 full range drivers and vintage 15" Altec VOTT 416 bass drivers. All sat on Townsend Audio Podium seismic isolation platforms.
    BK Electronics XLS400FF Sub.
    Cabling
    Silver mains cables, interconnects and speaker cables by SW1X
    Headphones
    HRT HeadStreamer and SennHeiser HD650 headphones

I'm Grant.

its got solid state soft start rectifiers in it now i think.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Lawrence.

I was speaking to a guy the other day who had the valve rectification changed to SS in his Cary amp, he reckoned it was better though he mentioned reliability rather than SQ.

I'm Shaun.

Reply from Tom below - Just goes to show the value of a good manufacturer too

The rectifiers on your Jota are solid state and are inside the chassis. The rectifier tubes when used provide a only soft start up, so the heaters come on and when the tubes heat up it conducts and connects the high tension voltage to the power valves.
    The plugs are just potted links, this means that the ht is turned on to the valves without the delay.
    I intend to design a solid state soft start that will replace both the tubes and the plugs.
    So the way to look at this is when the valves are fitted if there is an obvious softening of base notes then fit the plugs, but if there is no problem with the base keep the valves in this position.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast