Having taken a 5 year break from audio DIY to do some life stuff I recently came back to the forums as I have a new workspace and with it the chance to go through my boxes of DIY stuff to resurrect some old projects.

On PFM I made a post about a low-cost high-ish performance mains cable design that I had come up with and was immediately deluged with spiteful ignorant comments such as "It's IMPOSSIBLE for a power cable to make any difference" and "Silver oxide is seriously non-conductive, there is NO place for silver in hifi designs, you NEED to read this study..." etc. I didn't bother mentioning my isolation transformer project after this because I was bound to get a lecture from a 70 year old sparky who thinks they are the only person on the planet capable of not killing themselves with 240v (a belt from a high current 25v DC source is MUCH more painful in my experience anyway).

Let's just say I didn't bother contributing any more to that particular thread! However I will be making some power cables and a balanced mains conditioner over the next year and I would like to share my experiences, and learn from others in an environment which is not utterly intolerant to certain ideas.

At least one of those responding on PFM has been banned from here which is why I'm thinking TAOS might be a better place to discuss such heresy