+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nobsound 300b Monoblocks - HELP NEEDED!

I'm James.

What do Douk Audio say? They used to be very responsive (but several years ago was the last time I had reason). They're good 'uns in my book..

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Andrew.

Sent message, still waiting.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakefield Turntables View Post
    I've powered one amp up (altough this phenomen happens with both units) and just attached the speaker cable from the speaker to the amp. No other cables. I've just tried powering up from the wall socket and still same old hum, I thought it might be the extension I was using.I'm not sure what I/P means Dennis.
    I'm sorry, I/P is standard for input in telecoms. Short the input to make sure no hum voltage is going into the amps, driving them.

I'm Lawrence.

To be clear you mean connect the + and - inputs together on each mono amp?

I'm James.

He means short out the signal input. Easiest way is to stick an interconnect cable into it and short out the other end with a paper clip or something conducting. If the hum ceases, that's a good start. If not back to the hunt.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Dennis.

Yes, on each amp connect the + and - together, thus ensuring no input voltage is fed into each amp.

Eliminating this, if the hum persists, it is inherent to the amp circuitry.

I'm Lawrence.

I'm sure I've had amps before that hum if there's no input, doesn't the input provide a ground that might get rid of the hum? Plug in a pre (also plugged into the mains and switched on before powering these up) and see what the hum is like them.

I'm Geoff.

Perhaps there's a mains related issue. Trying a DC blocker might be useful.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Edward.

I wonder if having the amp so close to the (IMF) speaker is part of the problem?

Do I see a PS Audio powerplant in the background? Try that. If you have a DC issue the conditioner should cure it.

But yeah having a source connected to the input seems the obvious first step to try.

§
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Andrew.

Right I've had a few beers so I'll try all your recommendations tomorrow chaps. Can I say thanks for the input.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast