Quote Originally Posted by AD Audio View Post
That's a real shame. With a pair of sensitive speakers a properly sorted WAD 300b pp is among the very best around. Really sorry yours never was, despite being built by them, and that you never experienced its magic. Of course, I built the clones point to point which meant I could improve the layout over the pcbs WAD used.
David
Yes David with regard to the very best around, the sound of space and air along with the liquid purity was stunning and so much better than I have now so many years later but it was a hugely flawed amp. Yeah OK so it was connected to wholly unsuitable speakers but still gave its best. Had I kept it a year or two longer it would have ended up driving Audio Note AZ-2's but after the A100X I just couldn't forgive its shortcomings. The lack of a huge soundstage was just not good enough and the hum was a big problem but I kept it for a few years before saying goodbye. Years later I used an Audion 300B SET which was every bit as good and better in some respects. These days I have given up on valves