+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cables for luxman

I'm Jim.

Default Cables for luxman

Hi

Any recommendations for which atlas interconnect to go between a 505uxii and d03 CD player, all the atlas interconnect get great reviews , spoke to luxman and rca is the way to go as the integrated is not fully balanced. Do atlas mains lead make a difference as well.

Cheers

I'm BaskingInTheTriumphOfRealityOverHope.

I've had Atlas RCA ICs and agree they're perfectly decent cables. However...

Depending upon budget and preferred audio character, I'd point to Mark Grant Cables' "HDX1" RCAs, or, QED's "Reference Audio 40" RCAs. MG's ICs offer great bang-for-buck and will best many "name" cables. Although more expensive, the QEDs will lift the audio slightly (by comparison to the MGs) - just a little extra clarity and top end. So long as the d03 CD player isn't bright leaning, the QED should work very well.

MG: https://www.markgrantcables.co.uk/uk...-audio-cables/
    QED: https://www.qed.co.uk/reference-audio-40.html

For what it's worth, I had a pair of Atlas Equator OCC Integra RCAs (roughly double the price of MG's HDX1s) and my personal preference was for the HDX1s. Of course, YMMV!
    Kevin

Main system:
    Sources: EverSolo DMP-A6; Sony UHP-H1 (disc player)
    DAC: Denafrips Pontus II
    Pre amp: Quad Artera Pre (is also the main headphone amp)
    Power amp: Willsenton R8 amp (running JJ E34Ls) / Aiyima A07 (with Sparkos SS3602 Op Amps)
    Speakers: Dynaudio Special 40s with Van Damme UP-LCOFC (4mm) cables
    InterConns: Tellurium Q Black XLR; Morrow Audio MA4 - pre 2018 (analogue RCA); Mark Grant (coax x1); Atlas (coax x1)

+ Reply to Thread