+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pathos Classic Remix Amp,Dac,Headphone amp.

I'm Grant.

Default Pathos Classic Remix Amp,Dac,Headphone amp.

As above a nearly unused example in black lacquer and with hidac dac.

Drawing on the company's twenty-year experience in hybrid amplifications, Pathos refined each aspect of the circuitry and carefully selected only the components that met the requirements of high sonic performance resulting in a hybrid Class A/B device with a fully balanced circuit and 70w + 70W power capability. Every effort was made to ensure the amplifier included all the technology necessary to produce high-quality audio, effectively manage digital music files and offer a superior headphone-listening experience.

Using an oversized laminated transformer, developed in partnership with another key supplier, the final section is fueled through stabilisation and bridge rectification, which combines with the 45k-uF filtering capability of the capacitors. The mechanical relays are watertight and have been specially designed for field audio with all internal contacts sealed under vacuum to prevent any oxidisation which could impede sound quality.

Designed in consideration of the double triode Valves (Electro Harmonix ECC88 - 6922), the preamp section incorporates a one-tube-per-channel differential configuration in order to apprehend the first signal amplification while maintaining the balanced configuration in a way that allows an unbalanced input signal to be converted into a balanced signal.

Unlike many integrated amplifiers that use cost-effective solutions and compromises to offer headphone compatibility, the ClassicRemix aims to provide a high-quality performance similar to those of a dedicated amplifier. The Pathos ClassicRemix uses a real amplifier with a strong power supply and fully balanced circuit exploiting the signal from the valve's preamp section which in turn ensures low noise, pure sound and a broad dynamic range. The large bandwidth and generous output power allows easy pairing with most high-quality headphones.

The digital connections on the rear of the amplifier including a SPDIF, SPDIF Optical, USB Type B and an Ethernet to USB Type A. Ive found the dac to be very good. Its a ess sabre 9018k2m chip.
    The volume control is superb too, and is using burr brown volume controller chips instead of a potentiometer allowing minute adjustments. These are supposed to be top dogs and i see why as they are very adjustable.

The metal remote is an odd affair with 6 buttons, none marked but you get used to it.

Specs.. Technology: Hybrid
    Preamplifier stage: Tube (2x6922 ECC88)
    Final stage: solid stade, bridge mode, class AB
    Output Power: 2x70WRMS@8 Ω
    Frequency response: 1,5Hz - 200KHz ± 0.5dB
    Max input voltage: 4.25VRMS
    Input sensitivity: 500mVRMS
    Input impedance: 47KOhm
    Output polarity: Non- inverting. Bal pin 2
    Volume regulator: 2 x Burr Brown PGA2310
    THD: 0.025% @ 70W
    S/N Ratio: > 100dB
    Power: 250W@70WPC < 0.5W@standby
    Analogue inputs: 1 balanced XRL line
    4 unbalanced RCA line
    Digital inputs: 1 USB port type "B"
    1 SPDIF coaxial
    1 SPDIF optical
    1 Ethernet RJ45
    2 USB port type
    Outputs: 1 Pre out stereo line
    1 jack headphone 6.3mm

HiDAC Specs:

SF: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192kHz
    Resolution: 16 to 24 bits
    Min requirements: 1.3GHz CPU clock, 1GB RAM
    USB requirements: 2.0 USB port

HiDAC MK2 Specs:

Digital Conversion: ESS sabre 9018K2M 32Bit 384kHz
    USB Audio Codec: XHRA-2HPA
    Connection: USB type "b" Connector for Computer digital S/PDIF
    Digital Input Sample Rate: SPDIF 32bit up to 384kHz
    USB from PC-PCM 32bit up to 384kHz, DSD 64, DSD128
    Analog Output: 1 Stereo Balanced

HEADPHONE SPECIFICATIONS :
    Output power: 1.6W @ 32 Ω
    Output impedance: 10 Ω
    Max output level: 10 V RMS
    Frequency response: 1.5Hz - 200KHz ± 0.5dB
    THD: 0.025%

DIMENSIONS:
    Amp: 370mm (D) x 280mm (W) x 170mm (H)
    Packed: 490mm (D) x 430mm (W) x 300mm (H)
    Weight (net): 14Kg / 17.5 Kg

Price new currently £3599.00 on Audio Affair in this spec. Its not been used much but is as new... Say £950.00 plus postage but much prefer pick up. price increases each week lol
    Last edited by struth; 26-08-2021 at 10:06.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Lovely looking amp Grant, wondering what would be a good phono stage to use with it?
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Grant.

Project Phono Box DS2 USB is what i used Robin. i just happen to have one for sale lol

https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...ject+phono+amp
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Project Phono Box DS2 USB is what i used Robin. i just happen to have one for sale lol

https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...ject+phono+amp

There’s a surprise haha
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Grant.

better rear pic..

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    There’s a surprise haha
    its a very good stage, and you can digitize with it too.. even on the fly listening via optical. i preferred 24/96. but its very easy to adjust with it.
    has 2 tt slots too
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    its a very good stage, and you can digitize with it too.. even on the fly listening via optical. i preferred 24/96. but its very easy to adjust with it.
    has 2 tt slots too
    I had forgotten that you were selling that, too be honest I am fairly happy with my Primare amp and phono stage but I do like the look of that amp, and its a very good price
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    I had forgotten that you were selling that, too be honest I am fairly happy with my Primare amp and phono stage but I do like the look of that amp, and its a very good price
    ive only used it through the edingdales and it did sound fabulous tbh. its several stages up from my last amp, a quad, which was very decent.

price is good as i got it at a good price new.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Brian.

This is one of the nicest amps I have ever seen or heard. The complete package and well worth the £3.5 grand asking price, never mind the £950 Grant is asking for it.

So sorry you're having to move this, and the Edingdales, on mate. Someone is going to get a bargain here. Just wish I had the money

GLWTS
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    This is one of the nicest amps I have ever seen or heard. The complete package and well worth the £3.5 grand asking price, never mind the £950 Grant is asking for it.

So sorry you're having to move this, and the Edingdales, on mate. Someone is going to get a bargain here. Just wish I had the money

GLWTS
    cheers brian.. yes a billy bargain to be had. just way life goes i guess.. i will get bye with cans
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast