+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mofi Ultra Disc One-step Pressings

I'm Robin.

Default Mofi Ultra Disc One-step Pressings

Just wondering if anyone has splashed out on any of these?
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has splashed out on any of these?
    not those but did buy some stockfisch ddm vinyl which are cut direct to copper.. these are certainly a big step up on normal vinyl
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    not those but did buy some stockfisch ddm vinyl which are cut direct to copper.. these are certainly a big step up on normal vinyl
    Not sure if Ive seen any of those about Grant, just wondered on the One-step as they are not cheap.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Grant.

yes less to do in pressing so less noise etc on final. stockfisch were a fair bit dearer but the mofi will be silly money im betting
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

yes less to do in pressing so less noise etc on final. stockfisch were a fair bit dearer but the mofi will be silly money im betting
    The Mofi one-step’s are around £180, currently
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Grant.

a farce to me of a price but people will pay it i guess. i'd need to be convinced
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

a farce to me of a price but people will pay it i guess. i'd need to be convinced
    THat’s the retail price, once they sell out you can double that or more depending on the title, better return than the banks just now haha
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm Andrew.

Yes I have two of these MoFi pressings. I did not buy them for investment purposes, I can't see investing £180 and then selling on as being a viable passage to retirement . I have the YES Fragile album, Jethro Tull Aqualung and Miles Davis Kind of Blue on order. They are expensive at £180 each but I love the albums and listening to them gives me immense pleasure. I can hear definite improvements with the MoFi recordings. I don't drink or smoke so the odd £180 spent on vinyl is more than justifiable.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Adam.

I have a few, they really are the ultimate pressings.
    Yes they are a lot of money but the effort and the limited run probably make it just about worth it although I also think It’s ridiculous…
    The last bit was in case my wife sees this thread !
    One thing to mention is they Never repress the one step titles
    So when they go they are gone

I buy records to play not as an investment but my ‘Sunday At the Vanguard’, Bill Evans is now fetching over £800
    Saying that I’d swap it for an original mono Riverside cut !
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakefield Turntables View Post
    Yes I have two of these MoFi pressings. I did not buy them for investment purposes, I can't see investing £180 and then selling on as being a viable passage to retirement . I have the YES Fragile album, Jethro Tull Aqualung and Miles Davis Kind of Blue on order. They are expensive at £180 each but I love the albums and listening to them gives me immense pleasure. I can hear definite improvements with the MoFi recordings. I don't drink or smoke so the odd £180 spent on vinyl is more than justifiable.

Hi Andrew, I was just curious if anyone had any, there are several I have / am considered buying but have not taken the plunge yet. I have just been considering replacing some of well played albums if there is an audiophile version that’s probably they one I’ll go for. I have several Pure Pleasure, Speakers Corner and Mobile Fidelity reissues, but they are all considerably cheaper.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast