+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is this the future of speaker cables?

I'm charles.

Default Is this the future of speaker cables?

Although ribbon speaker cables have been available for a while from Goertz, Nordost, Verrastarr and some others, the Silversmith Fidelium cables are claimed by some reviewers to be the best they have ever heard and also affordable.

An interesting review from Greg Weaver sets out the designer's approach to modeling his cables on electricity as electromagnetic wave energy instead of electron flow, stating that the LCR, within reason, will have no effect on frequency response. He also points out how damaging soldered joints, crimped connections and large chunks of metal as found in speaker and amp terminal posts are.

Lots of love for these cables on various forums.

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazin...les_Review.htm

https://www.thesoundadvocate.com/202...able-fidelium/

Don't shoot me, I'm only the messenger

The reviewer's reference cables cost $18000 and have been replaced by Fidelium at about $1000 depending on length.

This is very exciting news and with a new version on the way which the designer says is even better we will probably see the others for sale at used prices. So for those of us who can't or won't spend the kind of money that would buy a decent car, now is the chance to own for sane money the very best or second best after the new model is released.

I'm Chris.

Doesn't sound particularly far-fetched and doesn't immediately set off my 'rip-off merchant approaching' warning.

I was skeptical of Tellurium Q's 'phase distortion' correction and 'combating' technology claims, then I heard it. Whatever they do/did, really does work. The retail cost of my current speaker cable (although I only paid a snip of it at second/third hand price) wasn't far off the cost of these. I've put my TQ Ultra Black up against some pretty stiff competition (some of it approaching rigid actually!) and it's bested them all.

So in answer to your question . . . . maybe. I certainly wouldn't write it off.
    System 1: - Amp - Musical Paradise MP-701 mk2 - Neurochrome 686
    - Source: Audio Technica LP-5 - Custom 6V6 stage - Novafidelity X30 - Soekris 1421 (LPSU) - Custom TDA1541 C3G DAC -
    - Speakers: Martin Logan Prodigy's - Subs: - REL T3's -

System 2 - Amp: Musical Paradise MP 303/Custom 300B SET - Custom 6SL7 Pre -
    - Source: Pioneer N-30K - SONCOZ SGD1 -
    - Speakers: Loth X BS1's - Sub: REL T3 -

I'm Colin.

Try your TQ cable up against my better and later designed cable EWA read a few comments about it?

https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/thre...3#post-4458271

I'm Martin.

These do look interesting and they are getting lots of love stateside, but I went with the UK contender in Colin’s LS80s.

Had these on trial for 10 days via the pinkfish touring thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Shane.

They look like transit tape.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Alan.

I'm very sceptical of his 'engineering' explanation.

'Instead, the energy is transmitted in the dielectric material (air, Teflon, etc.) between the positive and negative conductors as electromagnetic energy, with the wires acting as waveguides. The math shows that it is the dielectric material that determines the speed of that transmission, so the better the dielectric, the closer the transmission speed is to the speed of light.'

I haven't heard any and I'm sure they probably do an excellent job, however having worked with waveguides any waveguide transmission would require waveguides the size of a large room at treble frequencies, never mind lower frequencies.
    Also a waveguide is a bandwith limited 'conductor' and would not be able to cover the multi octave bandwidth of audio without serious overmoding.

Another case of bullshit baffles brains for the marketing angle, IMHO.
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

+ Reply to Thread