+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Nebo 11

I'm Steve.

Oh dear. Fair few folks pulled out now. Got a bit of a worry on here.

I'm Steve.

I know Mike (Jac Hawk) is going, and he's bringing me up, car share. Should get to you about 10.30.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Excellent news

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    Oh dear. Fair few folks pulled out now. Got a bit of a worry on here.
    It will be a great day I'm sure even if numbers are a little below the usual.

Wish I could have sorted the childcare.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    It will be a great day I'm sure even if numbers are a little below the usual.

Wish I could have sorted the childcare.
    Only to be expected i suppose. A lot has happened since the last NEBO meet not least a pandemic. I am praying we have enough folks to keep the day going. We'll just have to see how it pans out.

I'm Lawrence.

Hope it's going well

I'm Steve.

Though few in numbers the quality of the kit, music and conversation was fantastic. We were joined by a young man called Christian only 24 years old. He stayed most of the day and said he enjoyed it immensely. Pictures soon. i need to find my camera first. Sorry to all that i had to leave so quickly, i lost track of the time and my son came to take me home and he was in a rush.

I'm Ken.

Lawrence001 - It went down very well, Steves worries about numbers etc were unfounded.

Another great NEBO gathering and the Nursery venue was ideal acoustically, the standard of sound produced by all the gear was very high.

Ian was a great host and serves a cracking pint of Camerons Strong Arm (local ruby bitter).

I suppose we had three main set ups, built around the speakers.

My digital set up using analogue semi active Yamaha NS-1000 based speakers.

Gordons digital source with DSP and Linkwitz LX Mini, bottom end reinforced with the bass units from his LX 521.

Mikes was based around his kralk TDB 12, using both digital and analogue sources.

So we had Sealed Box, Ported and Dipole flavours to listen to, all very different presentations, but good examples of each.

Both tube and solid state pre amps/power amps, PrimaLuna, Neurochrome, Nord, Bigbottle, Schiit etc.
    We only had one turntable, but Mikes Thorens/Audiomods/Art9 is a cracking example.
    Thanks to Alan (Firebottle) we had a selection of great phono stages to listen to and compare to Mikes own ERT, which is also excellent.

It was a very good day for me personally, I loved the variety of gear we had to listen to.
    If I was pushed, I would say the highlight for me was Gordons LXMini/521 bass, these threw out such a realistic sound stage, with pin sharp imaging, could have listened to them all day. As for the kralks, I think they suited Tubes and analogue source over digital, not that the digital sounded poor, they just seemed to drop into a comfort zone with the PrimaLuna and Thorens. I'll let others comment on my set up, but was pleased with how it performed, amongst such great gear.

So congratulations Steve, another great event from my perspective, one of the best.

I'm Lawrence.

Nice one guys sounds like I missed a corker.

I'm Grant.

glad it all went well.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast