+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Nebo 11

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
    Nowt wrong with a bit of Bach Mike
    It must be an age thing OR is it that I just don't like it..

As the late Colonel Sanders once said
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken!!"

I'm Alan.

Default NEBO review part 2, the vinyl adventures.

OK onto the evening adventures into vinyl replay.Many thanks for Mike bringing his TT:

An analogue system was assembled with Mike's TT, his E.A.T. valve phonostage, Primaluna integrated amp and the Kralk speakers.
    Black baffles look a bit.. er, black.

An all valve line up, making rather excellent sounds. A few discs were spun then alternative phono stages were substituted.
    First off was my version of the Salas VPI (Valve phono Itch, so described because Mr Salas fancied designing a valve based phono stage after so much solid state design). Separate psu with valve rectification.

An improvement on the E.A.T. I thought, next up was the Bigbottle BB3 I had made with exposed valves. This is now in the hybrid territory.
    A huge increase in image prompted Mike to say 'I think i need a new phonostage'.

I think it was at about this stage that Steve fell off his stool. The first thing to come to hand was a camera

I had one more phono stage to substitute, this time a solid state one. This is the Phonomac designed Avalon, on its very first public outing, kindly lent to me by Bigman80. It is so new it doesn't have it's logo on the front yet. An amazingly clear and well balanced presentation.

There was a lot of vinyl played which even attracted a couple of punters from the adjacent bar to come in and enjoy.
    All in all a damn fine time was had by all.

Have to give a big thanks to Steve for organising, a thank you to Ian the landlord who couldn't have been more accomodating, plus a thank you to Steve Pigmy Pony for ordering a couple of pizza's for later on to silence our rumbling bellies.

Unfortunately it wasn't the only thing rumbling later on with the effect of the Strongarm beer
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Steve.

Excellent write up and pics Alan, I will just add:

(a) The Strongarm beer caused a few rumblings in my hotel room too, I pity whoever did my room the next day.

(b) Very gracious of you to thank me for the pizzas - you ended up paying for them! I will make amends at NEBO 12, I promise

(c) Good that you got a pic of Steve's "stool malfunction" - I saw him the next day and he has no recollection...

Rich - if you read this, can you give us the titles of what you played? All I recall is The Cure, Fink (I think), and a 15 minute tribute to Florian Schneider My Christmas wish list awaits!
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Ken.

Ha Ha, Strongarm has always had that reputation Steve/Alan

I'm Grant.

you all look like you had fun. top ho
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

We did indeed Grant. My first NEBO visit, the first of many, hopefully
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    We did indeed Grant. My first NEBO visit, the first of many, hopefully
    would love to go some day but its too far currently
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm mick.

Overall a great day, it was a pity that some of the old regulars weren't there Mik Rik

Thanks for that ,Mike,It was a hard decision to make to give it a miss - meant I lost my 100% attendance record
    I had intended to bring a selection of pre and power valves for anyone to try in their amps (Mullard ,Brimar, T/funken etc) ,will bring them to '12
    Pleased everyone ,as always ,had a good day out
    Will catch everyone next time

Mick
    Nothin' I do don't seem to work ,it only seems to make matters worse!. Jagger/Richards

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
    Nowt wrong with a bit of Bach Mike
    Tocatta and fugue in D Minor?

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by mik_rik View Post
    Overall a great day, it was a pity that some of the old regulars weren't there Mik Rik

Thanks for that ,Mike,It was a hard decision to make to give it a miss - meant I lost my 100% attendance record
    I had intended to bring a selection of pre and power valves for anyone to try in their amps (Mullard ,Brimar, T/funken etc) ,will bring them to '12
    Pleased everyone ,as always ,had a good day out
    Will catch everyone next time

Mick
    The legend that is Mik Rik you were indeed very much missed. I hope you can get to NEBO 12 sir. The Scottish mafia were also missed as was Micky Ricky.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast