+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS. Edingdale Mk1 Speakers

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Grant.

Default FS. Edingdale Mk1 Speakers

Sadly i really dont use my new system now due to constraints of neighbours etc so I might as well move it on. These speakers are in great condition and sound fabulous with pretty much any amp but I have to say, with my new Pathos they really sound super.

Pictures are not great as i am pretty lame now and cant move much alas.

Speakers £650 firm. Pick-up only alas.

The marks etc are minimal and look much worse than they are. These were hand made by Colin Topps.
    these are really a 2 man lift and are 113/44/24cm dimentions.

i might add these are fine near walls or away from them. they are about 96db sensitive too so withh work well with a set ot 6 watt or a big powerful amp too. Gary the last owner used them with various amps including a top of range set amp and I ve found that they sing with anything; anywhere.

From the maker, who said this...

these speakers are very happy being driven by a 200W SS amp as a 6W SET valve amp. Making them very flexible when it comes to amp type and power output. They are rated around 95dB efficient with a nominal 8-ohm load. They are a MLTL type fully braced vented cabinet tuned to around 30Hz.

Despite the number of drivers they are a simple 2-way speaker with a simple easy load to drive second order filter. The tweeter is a 8-ohm Monacor pseudo ribbon. The 4 main drivers are 6.5 inch mid-woofers that are wired 2 in series and 2 in parallel to maintain a nominal 8-ohm load. The advantage of using the 4 main mid-woofers such, not only gives you the cone area of a large 12 inch woofer in a slim cabinet but also reduces the overall distortion of the drivers by a factor of 4 and gives a 6dB gain in efficiency. Hence the quality midrange of the speakers and the clean extended low frequency.
    Last edited by struth; 07-08-2021 at 12:13.

+ Reply to Thread