+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sold: BK Double Gem Twin 10" Active Subwoofer

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Default Sold: BK Double Gem Twin 10" Active Subwoofer

**Sold!**

Part 3 of Big Bob Joylove's Big Sell Off…

As much as it pains me to shift on three superb components, an upcoming house move and huge investment in one of my companies, which is almost ready to earn mega bucks, has forced me to part ways with some Hi-Fi, and temporarily downgrade. Having said that I've had two amazing years with these components and my set up has been simply the best I've ever owned.

BK Double Gem.

Do you like bass? Excellent, then this is for you.

Oh, but do you like tight, clean and musical crispy bass? Good, then this is for you.

But hold on, do you like movie-type bass that shakes parts of the house you didn't know were loose? Superb! Then this is for you.

Have you ever watched the series Black Mirror and wished for a big black mirror? Top stuff, then this is DEFINITELY for you!

My BK Double Gem active subwoofer is a belter. Housing a 300w rms Class-D amplifier, and two 10" bass drivers in a quite compact sealed enclosure, this subwoofer's performance belies its very dark, mirrored appearance. Featuring a pair of low level inputs (stereo or AV), and an XLR high level input, this subwoofer will fit into pretty much any system.

Response is 20Hz at -3dB. That's quite low.

The adaptability is staggering, with adjustments for pretty much anything you'd care to do. It has auto signal detection and auto sleep, with soft start (so no horrible thumps), and it comes with the mains cable, an Audioquest high level cable, and a third power cable with earth feed. What's that for I hear you ask? Well, I was using this with my Aleph 3 which is essentially a dual mono in one case. As the high level input cable for the sub features an L and R + input, but only one ground connection, I couldn't connect the ground to only one channel. So I adjusted a standard IEC mains cable to use with the amplifier, and then fed the mains ground back to the subwoofer. Works perfectly. You may not have need for this, but it's there anyway.

There's very slight nick on the leading front edge, but I didn't notice it at all until I did the photos. It's mostly covered up with the grille cloth, and to be honest, I found the best orientation for this subwoofer is at a 90º angle to the main speakers anyway. Subs by their very nature tend to be hidden away, so you'll probably never notice it.

This is a heavy lump of subwoofer, and I have the original box. You're welcome to collect. but if you can't then I'd rather deliver it to you than risk the vagaries of the postal service. Sort me out a bit of fuel cash and you're on to a winner.

I'm asking now £250 for this awesome thumper and rumbler.

As I have suddenly found out the move is happening a bit quicker than expected, I'm happy to listen to offers on this. If you want to break payments then I can do that too.

Click for large images

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Want this gone.

Price drop to £250.

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect