+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rega Mira3 curiosity question

I'm Mike.

Default Rega Mira3 curiosity question

I have a Rega Mira3 (latest version w/o power amp in).

I'm curious if this wonderful integrated amp operates in 'class A', at least for part of the output power range because it runs hot, which is a typical signature of 'class A' designed amps? The heat output is same w/ very efficient 8ohm speakers, average efficiency 4 ohm speakers, or not playing anything while powered on. I don't think larger heat sinks would make any difference with running cooler or if it really matters. The heat is not an issue, I'm just curious if anyone knows if Rega designed it as 'class A'? That would be a plus for me if it was.

I think the Mira3 is a superb sounding integrated amp, and available for a great price on the used market, for those looking for a nice integrated amp. I like the functionality of the front panel and the solar remote. It doesn't have a stand-by off position on the remote, which also makes me wonder if it operates in 'class A' and Rega wants the amp to be shut completely off, instead of in a stand-by mode. I turn it on in the morning, leave it on all day, and shut it off at night and it's been operating flawlessly. It's just a great sounding well made amp in my book.

Thank you,
    Mike
    Last edited by Light Capture; 04-08-2021 at 00:52.

+ Reply to Thread