+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speaker recommendations for Linn Klout

I'm charles.

In your part of the world you should be able to find used Vandersteen Model 1 or 2 in your budget.

Richard V launched the '2' series about 45 years ago and the '1' about 5 years later and these are still going today during which time he has steadily improved them. They are I think exceptional value. Under that 'sock' is conventional bass in a box,sealed I think, with the tweeter (model 1) and mid and tweet (model 2) mounted above in small open baffle or no baffle and time aligned. This provides precise imaging, a wide sweet spot and lovely open sound with tight bass.

If I did not build my own speakers I would buy Vandersteen

I'm Peter.

Marc,

I decided many years ago to not buy a Kairn and have used instead a Beresford TC-7520. Probably not a good decision but it solved a budget problem and was an interface between a TV and sound. The Klout has been driving Sara 9's. I've only used this to watch and listen to Blu-Ray concerts and the odd movie.

I have Wakonda which I'm not using and may give that a try. Or I may just put all this stuff up for sale.

Peter

I'm Mike.

I had this amp and it is a gutsy little amp and able to drive pretty much any speaker. I drove DIY speakers using Seas Excel drivers from a kit, and it was phenomenal. I also brought it to a stereo shop and it had no problem with other speakers. The soundstage is huge and able to produce high volumes. Pick the speaker you like and go for it.

Similar to my Seas Froy Mk3 speaker kit I used w/ the Linn Klout.
    https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.co...ir-parts-only/

I'm Steve.

Alchris Audio AR10

I'm Peter.

Not exactly "modern" but yes they were a fine speaker.

I have a PC based system. Naim DAC V-1, Linn Klout and ATC SCM11s and have had no problems with matching. Sounds bloody good too

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12