+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Ex BBC Technics SP10 Mk2, fully serviced, ply plinth, AT1503 Mk2 Tonearm, Tenutu,

I'm keith.

Default FS: Ex BBC Technics SP10 Mk2, fully serviced, ply plinth, AT1503 Mk2 Tonearm, Tenutu,

For Sale: Ex BBC Technics SP10 Mk2, fully serviced, ply plinth, AT1503 Mk2 Tonearm, Tenutu Mat.

This was the SP10 Mk2 turntable used at BBC Radio Jersey (have various documentation to support this).

It has been: fully serviced by ‘Phonomac’ to Angus’s usual high standards.

What is included / has been done:
    Power coating of the chassis (there’s a couple of marks but it’s pretty good).

It’s been placed in a solid plywood Denon DK100 plinth. The Denon badge has been left on in case a Denon Cartridge is used with this arm, but the badge could of course be removed if required.

It therefore overcomes the SP10’s only downfall (IMO) in that this SP10 comes with a lid, which is easily lift-offable when required.

The tonearm is the AT-1503 mk2 tonearm, which is the heavy mass consumer version of the highly regarded of the ATP-12t professional tonearm.

The Puresound Tenutu matt is also included, and improves the turntables performance significantly (google this if you have not heard of it).

The Headshell is an Audio Technica AT-MS Limited Edition one, and can be adjusted for both overhang and VTA.

I can include the tonearm cable which came with the AT1503 mk2 (free of charge), if required.

No cartridge is included (though the AT150 Ltd edition is shown in the photo’s). There are plenty of low compliance ‘classic’ and modern cartridges that will match this arm, and I can give advice on cartridge matching if required.

I also have four cartridges for sale, and will discount one of these if purchased with the turntable.

This is a genuine sale, as I have moved more away from vinyl and more into streaming now (and a friend has just lent me whilst he’s emigrated for a couple years, a heavy mass plinthed Lenco GL75 / PMAT AT1005 Mk2 / DL-103R

For sale at £1750 including the Tenutu mat, or £1500 without the Tenutu.

I’ll also offer the Tenutu up for sale, but only after the new SP10 buyer has had the opportunity to purchase it.

This is collection only from Nottingham NG9 (a few minutes from Junction 25, M1).

Enquiries by pm please and more pics to follow.
    Thank you.

PS. Just noticed there's a cat hair on the lid (not a scratch)

I'm keith.

Some more photo's:

https://hosting.photobucket.com/imag...keith/SP_8.JPG

Some marks on the power supply but pretty good considering its age and was in the BBC!

Last edited by itskeith; 26-07-2021 at 08:36. Reason: photo's not working / better photo added

I'm keith.

PS; The Tenutu has already been reserved to Andy if the new seller doesn't take it.
    (boy that was surprisingly but not unexpectedly quick!)

I'm keith.

Just to clarify:

The old traditional BBC SH-10E*unit is not included and is no longer required, as the SH10E*power supply has been fitted with the correct logic board. ie it now runs and functions as a 'normal' SP10 ... bump.

I'm keith.

Now looking to split this up, pricing as follows …

Enquiries, more photo’s, or any other questions by pm please.

Refurbished Technics SP10 Mk2 + Technics SH-10E Power Supply £900 incl P&P
    (no plinth, arm, headshell or Tenutu)

Or

Refurbished Technics SP10 Mk2 + SH-10E Power Supply + Tenutu Mat £1150 incl P&P
    (no plinth or arm)

If the Tenutu doesn’t sell within a week from now, it will be offered for sale at £250 incl P&P
    (Andy already has first dibs on this).

Denon Dk100 plinth on it’s own, to fit SP10 Mk2 & AT1503 Mk2 (or would fit an ATP-12t)
    £125 incl P&P.

Note:
    Please note the arm as it turns out is NOT the AT1503 mk2 which I was told it was!
    It is the better / rarer / longer version, which is AT1501 mk2 :-)
    But which of course will not fit correctly in this plinth - quite embarrassing!

These are believed to be the consumer versions of the highly regarded ATP-12t / ATP-16t tonearms - check them out!
    Pivot to spindle on these is 270mm, Effective length is 282mm.

AT1501 mk2 tonearm + tonearm cable + free headshell £325 incl P&P.
    (the free headshell is non-branded, and has overhang adjustment but not vta adjustment)

Audio Technica MS-11 Ltd Edition Headshell £80 incl P&P.
    (overhang and vta adjustment)

Denon Dl-103R (only 100 hours careful use). £200 incl P&P
    Works superbly with the above arm.

I'm keith.

Thanks for the enquiry. To clarify, mine has had the following done:

- BBC logic board replaced with standard one to function as stand-alone unit
    - Both motor unit and psu fully recapped
    - psu voltages set to specification
    - motor unit calibrated for speed/phase-lock control
    - brake adjusted
    - there is no strobe fitted.

Best wishes.
    Keith

I'm keith.

Bump ... any offers on anything before it's off to the place with low selling fees this weekend?

PS. That includes posting out any of these items.*

I'm keith.

oops, see below ...
    Last edited by itskeith; 11-08-2021 at 09:48.

I'm keith.

Oops: Should have said the SP10, Tenutu and Headshell are all now sold.*

The AT1501 mk2 tonearm, plinth and Dl-103R are still available.*

I'm keith.

Quick update ... bump.

AT1501 tonearm now SOLD,

SP10 Plinth now SOLD,

Dl-103R (100 hrs) reduced to £185 incl postage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast