+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tc-7535 usb

I'm Peter.

Question Tc-7535 usb SOLVED

I just hooked up my new SEG, Dorado. When I try to use the USB from my iPad or iPhone I get an error (image attached). Has anyone else had this issue? This happens with either the Apple camera kit or a lightning to USB cable.

Solution: Be sure to use a 10 watt Apple power block. It will power the iPad/iPhone and allow signal to the TC-7535.

2021-07-22 14.12.50.jpg
    Last edited by Seeker-Smith; 23-07-2021 at 21:00.

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker-Smith View Post
    I just hooked up my new SEG, Dorado. When I try to use the USB from my iPad or iPhone I get an error (image attached). Has anyone else had this issue? This happens with either the Apple camera kit or a lightning to USB cable.

2021-07-22 14.12.50.jpg
    I don’t have this equipment, but I guess that the DAC needs a separate power supply, as the current requirements are more than your current connection gives? No pun intended.

Gary
    It is easier to seek forgiveness than to ask permission

Rules are meant for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men

I'm Lawrence.

Is it compatible with the iPhone/iPad I've only tried desktop DACs with laptops and my Zen (or the phone over Bluetooth). I know OTG can work from my android phone with some mobile DACs but I've never plugged it into a "proper" DAC.

I'm Peter.

My old TC-7520 worked with both direct connection and the Apple camera kit. I've now tried a USB hub. No error and no signal. I'm now on plan C.

I'll report back,
    Peter

I'm Peter.

Plan C was a bust.

I tried a USB 3 powered hub which does get seen by of iPad but I don't get signal to the DAC. I was able to confirm that a PC / Mac laptop does work into the USB of the DAC. I'm no farther ahead at getting Apple Lossless from my iPad to the Beresford.

If anyone does have this working please chime in. I'd like to know how.

Cheers,
    Peter

I'm Peter.

See first post.

I'm TAD.

I have a 2012 MacBook Pro i7,13", I use the headphone output via a Toslink cable to connect with my SEG. only 96k but does the trick and makes use of an "old" laptop.
    The 'phone output is dual function in this machine. The support page link here may be of assistance
    https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT202730

I'm Peter.

Solution: Be sure to use a 10 watt Apple power block. It will power the iPad/iPhone and allow signal to the TC-7535.

On another note. I've been listening to my system pretty much non stop this past weekend and I swear the Beresford sounds better and better. I'm hearing new things and I'm enjoying music so much more.

Cheers,
    Peter

+ Reply to Thread