+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bang & Olufsen beocentre 1001

I'm Brian.

Default Bang & Olufsen beocentre 1001

One of these has came up locally for sale in good condition and for not very much. I know nothing about them and I’m curious. Is it worth a punt? Are the beovox speakers rated? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Peter.

I sold those in the 70's / 80's. Pretty much rubbish then, though they fit a niche.

I'm Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker-Smith View Post
    I sold those in the 70's / 80's. Pretty much rubbish then, though they fit a niche.
    Thanks. My initial thought was ‘lifestyle product’....

I'm Adam.

I assume you mean a Beomaster 1001 like this one here? https://beocentral.com/beomaster1001

If so, it's certainly not a 'lifestyle product' but it comes from B&O's 'audio' range which sat below their top-end 'hi-fi' range so was never intended to be the ultimate in performance. That said, it should be pretty decent for all that, although the small Beovox speakers of that era were nothing to write home about, so it'll sound better through better speakers.

As an aside, its visually similar predecessor, the Beomaster 1200, was featured in the permanent collection of the New York Museum of Modern Art! Frankly, if it's cheap enough, it would be rude not to grab it.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Brian.

Thanks for the info - that’s interesting. It’s now sold, though - it was priced at £60! The speakers and amp were advertising as working and good condition but the turntable needed a little attention and a stylus. Sounds like someone got a reasonable purchase.

+ Reply to Thread