+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: DIY passive pre £700

I'm Grzegorz.

Default FS: DIY passive pre £700

For sale is DIY stereo passive pre-amplifier based on inductive volume control from tribute-audio.nl
    It has two RCA inputs with one output wired on Elma switch.
    3 pairs of RCA are from WBT. 2 pairs are pure silver. One input pair is copper gold plated.
    Inside wire is Neotech OCC copper, all soldered with WBT solder with 4% silver.
    Case is made of ABS Plastic shielded outside with copper tape.
    £700 + 10 delivery in UK

IMG_20210716_202259.jpg
    IMG_20210716_202228.jpg
    IMG_20210716_202240.jpg
    IMG_20210716_202307.jpg
    IMG_20210716_202249.jpg

If anyone prefer, I may sale inductive volume control only £350 + 5 delivery in UK.

I'm Grzegorz.

after http://www.tribute-audio.nl :

The TRIBUTE volume control is an inductive control, which means that unlike "normal" volume controls (which use some sort of resistive element) an inductive element is used.
    The main advantage of using an inductive element is the low DC resistance of the windings.
    A standard resistive volume control is 10k, 50k or 100k. The Tribute inductive volume control has a DC resistance of only 33 ohms, which results in a more transparent and dynamic sound, especially at low volume sinductive volume controlettings.
    The AC resistance can be calculated and is frequency dependent. The Tribute volume control has an AC resistance of about 20k at 20Hz and 1Mohm at 1kHz.
    Most inductive volume controls are wound as transformers with primary and secondary windings.
    In contrast, to reach the ultimate in dynamics, bandwidth and transparency, the Tribute volume control is wound as an autotransformer, which means that a single, tapped coil is used.
    The pictures show that the volume control is a complete stereo control by mounting the coils on a 24 positions ELMA switch, also to keep connections as short as possible.

Mono controls are also available.

Further specifications:

inductance 150 Hy's;
    DC resistance 33 ohms;
    maximum input 6 VRMS at 20 Hz;
    width / height 5cm (2 inches);
    required mounting depth 10 cm (4 inches) for the stereo control;
    required mounting depth 5,5 cm (2,2 inches) for the mono control.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

These are superb, use one myself.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Edward.

Grzegorz, is this the pre you were using when I came round to pick up your turntable? If so my memory was of a sound that was very open, detailed, dynamic and engaging. I was most impressed. GLWS
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Geoff.

Needs full sized photos displayed, as it is over £250. Thanks.

Here: https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...tos-in-adverts
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grzegorz.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

I'm Grzegorz.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    Grzegorz, is this the pre you were using when I came round to pick up your turntable? If so my memory was of a sound that was very open, detailed, dynamic and engaging. I was most impressed. GLWS
    Hi Edward. Nice to hear from you. I hope you enjoy Sony.

Yes, that's one you've heard. Pre-amplifier was used by me from new and all works perfect. I only decide to sell it, because I have ordered and made recently silver version of it.
    Last edited by fafarskid; 17-07-2021 at 19:26.

I'm Stef.

Is it still for sale ?

I'm Grzegorz.

Hello Stef
    Because of no interest, I have decided to rebuild this preamp into more attractive aluminium case. It will be for sale in next weeks or months. It is more or less ready, but still require inside soldering. New version is with 3 inputs, cheaper RCA sockets and lower price around £550. RCA sockets are with pure copper central pins, switch is still Elma. I have added anti vibrations legs also. The same tribute is inside which gives nice sonic results with excellent transparency.
    If you are interested and have someone to solder it together I can lower price to £500. Wires will be attached 3m of Neotech UPOCC for signal paths and 3m bare pure silver wire for ground paths.
    New look on the photos.
    All best Grzegorz

I'm Stef.

Thank you for your reply.
    I'll PM you

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast