+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS; QUAD 2805s. New lower price!

I'm Richard.

Default FS; QUAD 2805s. New lower price!

This is a reprise of my original for sale thread. But at a lower price now, as they really have to go, as soon as possible. Their replacements (Tannoy MG12s in big slot loaded cabinets) are now finished, and I need the space.
    So now I am asking just £1400 for them.

My pair of QUAD 2805s have to go! For domestic peace, as my wife just doesn't like the size of them. The height isn't a problem, it's the width, as she can't get to the shelves behind and I can't reposition them. She says she is quite happy with the big cabinets I make, but they are narrower.
    They were serviced by One Thing Audio in October 2019, just before I purchased them. Initially there was a buzz on one of them, which I thought was a dust-cover, but turned out to be a rare fault in a bass panel, which was replaced under warranty. So now there is a new spare dust-cover, including the frame, which wasn't needed.
    They are in great condition, just a small scuff low down on one grille cloth (you can see it in the second picture), and I covered the silver side frames with satin black vinyl wrap, which makes them appear smaller. Easy to remove if preferred.
    My room doesn't really suit them, as I'm not allowed to pull them far enough forward, nor move the sofa.
    They have the factory adjustable spiked feet and the extra stabilising weight under the back. I have raised them on 3 layers of ply and MDF, which can go with them if wanted.
    I have used them with a Parasound A21 250W SS power amp, a 12W EL84 amp and Icon Audio MB90 115W valve power amp. It has been quite happy with all of them. I have never rocked out with them, as I tend to listen late at night, so they are unstressed since their service.

You will need to listen to them, I reckon, and I live in Plymouth, not the most central of locations!
    I can deliver them for the cost of the fuel, as long as I can get home again the same day without exhausting myself!

Since the original sale thread, I have made a pair of shipping boxes for them, so they will be much easier to collect, if you have a large estate or a van. The two boxes are 1170mm tall, 800mm wide and placed face to face they will be 750mm deep. That will just fit into the back of my little Nissan Cube

Last edited by struth; 20-07-2021 at 08:46.
    ABD.

I'm Richard.

Bump.
    ABD.

I'm Richard.

Bump.
    ABD.

I'm Richard.

Bump.
    ABD.

I'm Justin.

Have another bump!

Richard is to be relied on and you can be confident that things are as he says they are. I have met him a few times for hifi sessions.

Looks to be a good price. Go for it without worry if interested!

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

I'm Gary.

Top post Justin, Kudos.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Gary.

Oh,

and having heard a mates 57's and 63's, can only imagine how good these must sound!
    Good luck with the sale Sir, not an itch I've scratched yet, but just bought speakers so not tempted.

No...I'm not.
    Seriously...(ish)
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Richard.

Bump.
    ABD.

I'm Richard.

Bump.
    ABD.

I'm Richard.

Bump.
    ABD.

+ Reply to Thread