+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 94 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: The All New FOOTY Thread 21/22

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    I think the Griffiths ship has sailed, he was good but not sure he’ll come back. Hopefully Nisbet will improve because right now we have no one else.
    it looks that way at moment. but you never really can tell. its rare when someone has let themselves go to come back as good as they were, and he isnt getting any younger. but if anywhere is place for him to find it, i'd think dundee would be a good place as there is little pressure.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I agree with all of that. Thing is, a Griffiths at even 75% of what he was at his peak, IMO, is still better than a 100% Dykes

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Surprised no-one's been talking about the footy, chaps? And I'm not just saying that because your team dropped two points on Saturday

We should ALWAYS be discussing our teams, whether they win, lose or draw... Anyway, I did say after facing Hearts on the first day of the season that this year they were the real deal, and anyone who can go to Ibrox and take a point, certainly is, and they remain as the only unbeaten team in the SPL. Trust me, they'll also be formidable opposition when you play them at Tynecastle.

I haven't seen the game, or the highlights yet, so how did it go - anything controversial happen?

Anyway, for us it was all about getting another win away from home, including our first clean sheet on our travels. plus our injured players slowly starting to come back. In that respect, I was delighted to see big Giorgios come on as a sub and do well, who mark my words, when fully fit, will be a sensation.. But mostly very welcome to see the return of Mikey Johnston, who's skill and trickery down the wing has been very much missed!

Although they're different players, we'll now no longer miss the craft and dribbling skills of Ryan Christie, and how he was able to open up tight defences, as Mikey has all those skills and more! Should be interesting seeing how Jota (who's turning into quite a player) and him combine down the flanks, putting in superb crosses for Kyogo and/or Giorgios to bang in the goals!

However, arguably the biggest surprise/best news was how well Mr Bad Boy/forgotten man, Boli Boligoli settled into the role of left-back, in place of the injured Taylor. Apart from one bad error of judgement where he nearly gave away a penalty, his performance was very calm and assured, and he made some key interceptions. I, for one, always rated him and knew there was a player in there, and his Covid indiscretions should now be consigned to history.

In that respect, I'm glad he remained at the club, and think if he can get a sustained run in the team, then he'll prove to be an asset, as he's also good going forward. Defensively, we're starting to look much more solid. especially now Starfelt and Cameron-Vickers (who's so powerful and wins nearly every ball in the air) are starting to form a much better understanding. When Juranovic, Taylor and Jullien return, they'll bolster our defence even more.

So.... Next up, the Europa League, and trying to salvage some pride, plus perhaps revenge against Ferencvaros, who gubbed us last season, as I don't think we've got any hope of qualifying for the knockout stages. Should be a good game though, as will yours hopefully against Brondby - with wins for both of us!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Robin.

Watched the Rangers game, another 2 points thrown away due to poor finishing, Hearts played better in the second half with McGregor making a couple of decent saves then flaps at a corner in added time, but the game should half been won long before that. Not seen any of the other games.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Grant.

not been following much tbh. agree with robin tho, most of folk say gers should have ran up a cricket score... the fact morelos especially cant hit a barn door need changing fast.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    not been following much tbh. agree with robin tho, most of folk say gers should have ran up a cricket score... the fact morelos especially cant hit a barn door need changing fast.
    And it would have been a very big barn door.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Grant.

And it would have been a very big barn door.
    ive said it a few times; too many big heads and a few wanting to go elsewhere as they think they are better than they are showing.
    get feeling manager would go too if a good job came along.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Watched the Rangers game, another 2 points thrown away due to poor finishing, Hearts played better in the second half with McGregor making a couple of decent saves then flaps at a corner in added time, but the game should half been won long before that. Not seen any of the other games.
    Thought you always watched the highlights of the games on Sportscene?

I've just watched the recorded highlights from the latter, including the Rangers game... The way I saw it, Hearts were virtually a non-entity in the first half, with Rangers having almost all the possession and chances, but bar one great strike and goal from Lundstram, couldn't put the ball in the net, although coupled with some great saves from Craig Gordon!

Then Hearts came much more into the game in the second half, and Rangers had McGregor to thank for a couple of good saves, plus the aforementioned Morelos missing numerous near-open goals, and demonstrating what I've been saying for ages that he's not the player he was a couple of years ago, and that Rangers badly lack some cutting edge up front! Then latterly McGregor uncharacteristically flapping at a corner from Mackay Steven, which Halkett scored from to give Hearts a deserved point for their 2nd half performance.

So yes, Rangers created more than enough chances to win the game, but their lack of incisiveness in front of goal is now starting to result in dropped points, and as you say, that's a major concern that must be addressed if they are to retain the title.

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    not been following much tbh...
    You need to decide if you're a full-time, or just part-time Rangers fan, mate!

If it's the former, then like me with Celtic, you should be following them ALL the time!!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    You need to decide if you're a full-time, or just part-time Rangers fan, mate!

If it's the former, then like me with Celtic, you should be following them ALL the time!!

Marco.
    then in your view im not then. i keep an eye on them but ive a few things in front of it.. my niece for instance i cant remember last time i saw any footy tbh. very occasionally see a 90 sec online but thats it. no sky/bt or tv licence
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 94 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast