+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 94 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: The All New FOOTY Thread 21/22

I'm Robin.

Friday mornings are for food shopping and queuing for fuel, no queues in Scotland , yeah right.

WAtched most of the rangers game, second was a bit better when Hagi came on, we are a long off where we should be , but it was a win. I Katic played his first game in Croatia, with a bit of luck he will be recalled in January as he the best defender by a mile. The longer Celtic take to sort themselves out with injuries etc the better for us. We need to win the League Cup, that’s for sure.
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Grant.

first well done to Newports' 'Conquered All The Chippys' team who won the uk's Man v Fat title.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-58739560

Both Rangers, who are away to Sparta, and Celtic who are at home to Leverkusen need all the help they can get.lol

gers with a makshift cb partnership a big goldson couldnt travel. not sure why yet but it might have been as he isnt double jabbed?? or maybe a niggle. so we are going with lb bassey in middle... i would rather a lad from the b team played..

celtic will at least have a home crown cheering them on. the germans are usually a good side tho.

anyhoo, good luck to both
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

Not great, not much more to say
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

So what did we make of that shite last night, guys? Although you lost against Sparta, you did a damn sight better than when we played them there last year! However, I would've expected you to have done better and got at least a point. Last year, you'd likely have won that game.

Us? Well what can I say... Before the game, I knew we had less than hee-haw chance of getting anything from it, as Leverkusen are to all intents and purposes a Champions League team, and right now are at a totally different level from us, in a transitional stage, building a new team under a new manager, and with so many injuries and players coming back from such who weren't fully fit (i.e. Kyogo and McGregor).

Even if that weren't the case, it would've been a hard task. I reckon that the Celtic team Brendan Rodgers had, Dembele and all, would've struggled to beat Leverkusen last night, who've got to be one of the favourites to win the competition. When the groups were drawn for the Europa League, and I looked at the teams we were up against, I knew that realistically we didn't have a hope in hell of progressing, and that was before injuries to key players.

Given where Celtic are at just now, success was GETTING INTO the Europa League group stages. Progressing from them into the knockout stages, is for next year, if we get there, once the manager has signed more players, which are badly needed (especially in defence and midfield), and the ones he's already signed have settled in.

This also applies to our league form, and why we're losing to Livingston and drawing with Dundee Utd at home. Even at that level, you can't hope to win most games unless the team is at (or near) to full strength, there's a settled defence and a strong enough bench for the manager to use to make substitutions that can affect the outcome of games, possibly turning a loss or a draw into a win - none of which at the moment applies to Celtic.

However.... Much as I admire what Ange is doing and trying to build, he NEEDS to have a 'Plan B' and be willing and flexible enough to set-up the team sometimes to 'win ugly', as in unglamorously and without playing 'swashbuckling' football for 90 mins, plus also for them to play long balls sometimes when that's the only way to penetrate and break some teams down.

Playing pretty passing patterns around the penalty box is causing problems against teams who aren't afraid to press you high up the park, and it's leading to defensive mistakes and lost goals, when sometimes simply punting the ball unceremoniously out of the danger area is what's needed!

Above all, if he hasn't learned this lesson already, ultimately the MOST important thing for Celtic [and Rangers] fans isn't always their team playing attractive football; it's WINNING games, by *whatever means* possible, and if he doesn't get that message soon, he may not be given the time he needs to complete the project he started.

Rangers? Unless the players buck up their ideas soon and stop believing they're better than they actually are, and thinking that stopping 10-in-a-row was 'job done', and so they could 'relax' this season [which is the impression some are giving], then they could end up winning nothing. The league this year, so far, is wide open, and that makes the cup competitions, starting with beating Hibs at Hampden in the semis, all-important!

Thoughts?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Ive not seen either game but its a shame 10k kids were allowed in to a supposedly closed stadia only to boo every black player and pressurise ref into sending one off for very little. such is uefa nowt will of course happen.

Anyway, much said about gerard's imagination as he thought rangers played well. my info is they didnt and tbh havent really played well all season, bar the odd 30 min spells. Well beaten even if it was only one goal.

As to Celtic, i believe at least they tried and had a few decent chances but were up against a decent side who dont miss opportunities. Ange has said he will not change his ways one little bit, so get used to this and other matches this season. If teams know how to play against you you need to change at times, and if he wont then I alas feel he wont last very long. Folk are already getting restless. (this is an attitude i will also lay firmly at SG's door too. He has no plan B)
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

I watched most of the Rangers game , once my grandson had finished watching Minions, Too many players not playing well, i think Gerrard has hit the nail on the head, we need to spend some serious money to go further in Europe, although we should have beaten that lot last night. 10,000 kids booing a black player- what’s that all about.

Watched the highlights of the Celtic game last night, well as you say too many defensive errors.

We must win on Sunday that’s for sure.
    Regards
    Robin

Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Ive not seen either game but its a shame 10k kids were allowed in to a supposedly closed stadia only to boo every black player and pressurise ref into sending one off for very little. such is uefa nowt will of course happen.

Anyway, much said about gerard's imagination as he thought rangers played well. my info is they didnt and tbh havent really played well all season, bar the odd 30 min spells. Well beaten even if it was only one goal.

As to Celtic, i believe at least they tried and had a few decent chances but were up against a decent side who dont miss opportunities. Ange has said he will not change his ways one little bit, so get used to this and other matches this season. If teams know how to play against you you need to change at times, and if he wont then I alas feel he wont last very long. Folk are already getting restless. (this is an attitude i will also lay firmly at SG's door too. He has no plan B)
    My thoughts exactly, and have already said so. As I also said, when you're manager of either Celtic or Rangers, you're expected to WIN nearly every game, by whatever method necessary. THAT is the most important thing. Not always playing pretty football.

I'm certainly willing to give Ange this season to experiment and get things right and get all the players in he needs, as I think if given time, he'll go on to be a great success. However, he needs to learn to be more flexible in his approach to how the team plays. This isn't Japan or Australia - it's GLASGOW, and the demands from fans are completely different!

I also agree with what you've said about Rangers. I'd also add that, IMO, too many players are still 'dining out' on having stopped 10-in a row and won their first league title in years. That's gone now, and resigned to history. What they need now is to show that they can move onto the next level, defend their title, and win another one, which is often harder, plus also some cups.

As much as Ange is under pressure to succeed, and if he fails will be out, so will Gerrard this season if Rangers end up with nothing. However, there's a long way to go yet for both teams!

Marco.

P.S Needless to say, the racist shit was inexcusable. That's eastern Europeans for you though - many are fundamentally racist.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    My thoughts exactly, and have already said so. As I also said, when you're manager of either Celtic or Rangers, you're expected to WIN nearly every game, by whatever method necessary. THAT is the most important thing. Not always playing pretty football.

I'm certainly willing to give Ange this season to experiment and get things right and get all the players in he needs, as I think if given time, he'll go on to be a great success. However, he needs to learn to be more flexible in his approach to how the team plays. This isn't Japan or Australia - it's GLASGOW, and the demands from fans are completely different!

I also agree with what you've said about Rangers. I'd also add that, IMO, too many players are still 'dining out' on having stopped 10-in a row and won their first league title in years. That's gone now, and resigned to history. What they need now is to show that they can move onto the next level, defend their title, and win another one, which is often harder, plus also some cups.

As much as Ange is under pressure to succeed, and if he fails will be out, so will Gerrard this season if Rangers end up with nothing. However, there's a long way to go yet for both teams!

Marco.

P.S Needless to say, the racist shit was inexcusable. That's eastern Europeans for you though - many are fundamentally racist.
    yup they dont seem to realise they are either. their treatment of romas' is disgraceful. they are not the worst country tho not far off. i think hungary or slovakia got that dire accolade.

Maybe OF fans(am i allowed to use that now) are too selfish and just believe they should win every game and no teams, certainly in scotland, should be able to beat them. I think Gers are suffering a bit of"boy we are the best" attitude at beginning and now just cant find a gear. celtic if allowed to play their game will do very well but most teams now saeem to know what to do with them and the inverted fullbacks to stymie them.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin626 View Post
    I watched most of the Rangers game , once my grandson had finished watching Minions, Too many players not playing well, i think Gerrard has hit the nail on the head, we need to spend some serious money to go further in Europe, although we should have beaten that lot last night. 10,000 kids booing a black player- what’s that all about.
    Yet you were doing it last season, having spent a similar amount? For me, your poor performances this season in Europe have been more about too many of your key players not performing to their capability, more than anything to do with money. There are plenty of teams in the competition doing better than Rangers or Celtic, without their budget.

Gerrard's remarks, IMO, make more sense in reference to the Champions League, where the sheer amount of money teams there are able to spend on top players, which neither Rangers or Celtic can compete with, gives them a huge advantage. In that respect, whoever wins the SPL title this season, and despite the form of the Edinburgh teams, it'll be down to one of us, despite automatic qualification for the CL, will have to spend a serious amount of money to have any hope of doing much!

Watched the highlights of the Celtic game last night, well as you say too many defensive errors.
    Indeed, but the thing was we also created LOADS of good chances, which we couldn't put away. I think we nearly had as many shots on target as they did, and their keeper was superb! So that augurs well going forward, when Kyogo and Giorgios are fully fit, and start putting chances away like the team did earlier in the season.

However, defensively we're still sadly lacking. Hart has been superb, and pretty much blameless for the goals we've conceded. We'd have conceded a lot more if it hadn't been for him!

I think Starfelt is showing signs of promise and will be much better when Jullien returns. Carter-Vickers is a decent defender, but I'm not sure is suited to the system Ange plays, and the two young lads in the full-back positions have worked their socks off and are decent players, but not the answer full-time at this level. In that respect, we've certainly missed Taylor, and especially Juranovic, who IMO is a real class act and just needs a proper run in the team to show what he can do.

Only when all that is sorted out can we hope to win games regularly and build up some momentum and consistency, but I think it'll come.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

i think this statement from their foreign minister shows their lack of awareness. its very sad they cant or wont see it.

The Czech Foreign Minister has summoned UK ambassador Nick Archer after the Glen Kamara race row escalated into a diplomatic row.

Jakub Kulhanek took to social media to express his rage at what he described as “disgusting insults” against the young Sparta Prague fans who jeered Kamara throughout Rangers’ Europa League game.

The Fortuna liga club released a furious statement calling for a halt to criticism of the school kids who were allowed into the Letna Stadium.

Ibrox boss Steven Gerrard had hit out at the jeers in his post-match press conference after the game was supposed to be played behind closed doors as a result of previous racist abuse during a match with Monaco.

That was relaxed by UEFA to allow supervised Under-14s in the ground but they booed Kamara as well as other black Rangers players.

Their actions have been widely condemned but Kulhanek took to social media to say: “Enough! Intentionally spread, disgusting insults against Czech children in the media and on the internet do not belong to football and even less so to good relations between two countries.”

Sparta Prague said early as part of their statement: "Stop attacking our children! Our club will proudly defend our children - our future and our pride. Slandering children on the internet is extremely cowardly.

"We are seeing unprecedented xenophobic statements against the Czech Republic, its citizens and even its children on social media.

"You are describing the behaviour of children incorrectly, arrogating to yourself the right to judge the expression of emotions of six-year-old children who have no idea what racism is. It's an impertinence.

"We ask the representatives of Rangers FC to do their part to stop the xenophobic atmosphere directed towards our children, our beautiful country and its inhabitants."
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 94 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast