+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 94 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: The All New FOOTY Thread 21/22

I'm Grant.

Default The All New FOOTY Thread 21/22

time for a new footy thread as preseason is already underway.

Not a lot of transfer activity up here with old firm(or am i allowed to call it that now)
    We recently brought in big unit Lunndstrum from Shef Utd on a free(which is a good bit of business imo) but nothing else appears to be in pipline. Maybe awaiting any outgoing?
    Celts have signed 2 or 3 yougish lads so far. maybe also awaiting sales..

Man U are signing Jadon Sancho and possibly Raphael Varane too. both would be good aquisitions imo.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Robin.

So Marco, what did you think of your team’s first game under the new manager?
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

I'm Grant.

supposedly did ok, bar ralston and barkas. 1-1 and still in it.
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Yeah, guys. Most interesting - will comment after brekkie!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Robin.

Both teams ended up with 10 men
    Regards
    Robin

Acoustic Solid Wood MPX, Ortofon Quintet Bronze
    Pathos Classic Remix Amp, dac
    Cyrus Signature phono stage
    Eversolo DMP-A6
    Cyrus CD i
    ART Stiletto 6V3. Loudspeakers

Yeah, Bitton was stupid for lifting his hands to someone (the diving idiot from Midtjylland who eventually got his comeuppance for doing the same again in the second half, and was sent off), but Bitton was also a liability defensively throughout the game until he was sent off - and is fundamentally NOT the answer as a central defender.

Murray, as young as he is, was a much more assured and capable replacement and will now play the second leg, as I doubt Starfelt (who I rate) will be registered in time. Barkas is still an accident waiting to happen, and indeed last night we no longer had to wait, as he flapped at at free kick, and actually moved his hands out of the way as he thought the ball was going wide!

It didn't though, and hit the inside of the post and went into the net.... I'm probably alone in this, but I still think he has something to offer, and so *if* he gets another chance, I won't judge him conclusively until I've seen him play behind a proper defence, and by that I mean when big Julien returns, Starfelt has signed, and Abada's in there along with anyone else we sign in that area.

However, he may not get another chance now and Ange could give Bain the nod for the second game until a new keeper comes in. We'll see.I'm also liking the look of the new Japanese boy coming in, who I think will be an exciting player, and there'll probably be some more.

Positives from last night, in terms of player performances?

Young Welsh had a great game, Abada looks like the real deal, and who I predict will soon become a fans favourite. The midfield looks A-ok, with Soro, doing a kind of Scott Brown/Neil Lennon (of old) role, in terms of breaking up play and spraying the ball about, and very accurate with this passing. McGregor looks like he will be a good captain, and still a top-notch player, and Turnbull and Rogic are both quality.

We've still got Forrest to come in, who's a great player, so no worries there, and Christie played a blinder last night, who I think could be tempted to stay for another season. It's the striking positions that are more of a concern, with Edouard still looking like he wants away and so playing games in 3rd gear, to avoid any injuries, and Ajeti, although looking better in friendlies, still has to prove himself where it matters!

Griffo needs to get some game time to see where he's at, so can't judge him until I see him, but I suspect he could feature in the second leg in Denmark.

Given the state of the team and lack of players/strength in depth before the game, I think 1-1 was a good result. However, having watched the match, we should have won, as over the 90 mins we created more chances and were the better team. Had Bitton not been sent off, and we hadn't been forced to sacrifice Abada (who had put us 1-0 up and was playing well), we would've probably gone onto win the game - and of course the away goal rule has been scrapped for this tournament, so that will help!

Lots of work to do though in the return leg, but I think we'll be in better shape by then, and if we play as well or better than we did last night, we should go through, although I expect Midtjylland to be a bigger threat and offer a tougher test at home.

Overall, I'm pleased with how Ange is getting the team to play. His style will take a while to implement, not only for the current players to get used to, but new players being signed to fit into the system. In that respect, I can't see Celtic being at anywhere near 100% and how Ange wants them to play, until towards the end of the year, and by then Rangers could be well clear.

However, I'm confident that it will come together, but we'll just need to be patient. However, when it does and the players have started clicking, I believe that Ange will have built one of the deadliest and most exciting Celtic teams seen for decades!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Grant.

starfelt cant play if signed until next round mate. you go with what you have. bitton obviously wont either.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Ah ok, I wasn't sure. One thing that's been disgraceful though is the enormity of time it's taken Celtic to conclude transfers, and also get the new manager in - and it's always the same dillydallying pish every year!

Thankfully, the fans have still backed the club with sales season tickets, despite the board doing the best to give the impression that they don't give a fuck... The 'suits' behind the scenes really do need be more answerable to supporters who ultimately pay their wages.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Ah ok, I wasn't sure. One thing that's been disgraceful though is the enormity of time it's taken Celtic to conclude transfers, and also get the new manager in - and it's always the same dillydallying pish every year!

Thankfully, the fans have still backed the club with sales season tickets, despite the board doing the best to give the impression that they don't give a fuck... The 'suits' behind the scenes really do need be more answerable to supporters who ultimately pay their wages.

Marco.
    they have an old fashioned system and its slow. no dof yet and that would help but then said suits wouldnt get their vote etc . the majority shareholder doesnt seem to care as long as he and lawwell get their money each year.
    the fans deserve better.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Ah so you mean there *is* a system?

The rest I agree with 100%.

Anyway, Starfelt now looks like a done deal: https://www.skysports.com/football/n...om-rubin-kazan

Let's hope there are a few more new faces to follow soon!

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 94 1231151 ... LastLast