+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duelund Cable

I'm Martin.

Default Duelund Cable

I have been intrigued by the number of members using Duelund cable, usually the 16awg in the main.
    I thought I would try some of the newer DCA 12awg which is a twin and therefore a little thicker

Cost is £27 per stereo metre and a spare set of banana plugs and so as I only need a 2 metre set.............approx £130

Results after only 20 minutes was surprising top a little coarse and nut so good at the bottom but pretty impressive.
    Lets see how they sound when they have settled in
    Lumley Heliosphere Audiomods 5
    Voyd Valdi AN Arm 1 V2 and Denon MC
    Audiomeca Talisman Highly Modded
    Audiomeca Kreatura &,SW1X DAC1
    Hovland HP200 MC
    Hovland Radia
    Ming Da 805 monos
    Magnum Dynalab Etude, RWA Cassabria + LCD 3
    Wilson Benesch Actors
    Cables by Cardas, Hovland G3 and Yter

I'm Andrew.

A tried and tested route. I have a full loom of the stuff in my REAL sound system. Sounds blimmin' great!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm Martin.

Well, now settling in nicely. Not the last word on detail but surprisingly dynamic and now better at lower end.
    It has replaced Siltech Explorer at £750 (their "entry level" cable)
    Lumley Heliosphere Audiomods 5
    Voyd Valdi AN Arm 1 V2 and Denon MC
    Audiomeca Talisman Highly Modded
    Audiomeca Kreatura &,SW1X DAC1
    Hovland HP200 MC
    Hovland Radia
    Ming Da 805 monos
    Magnum Dynalab Etude, RWA Cassabria + LCD 3
    Wilson Benesch Actors
    Cables by Cardas, Hovland G3 and Yter

I'm Adam.

I had similar results using this cable
    It was only after replacing it that I found it’s lacked the punch of the new cable I replaced it with.
    But very musical and pleasant not at all the last word in anything but for £27 quid …..
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm charles.

Hi Adam, I had similar results to you and found the skinny odd smelling and unlikely looking cable surprisingly good. As a sanity check I temporarily tried my previous Harmonic Technology Pro 9 speaker cables which after renovations were too short. They are still hooked up. Too big an improvement to ignore.

What did you replace the Duelunds with?

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Why should a cable consisting of 26 strands of 0.25mm diameter tinned copper sound so special? Especially as it is clad in an oil-impregnated cotton covering (what is the oil used), which to my mind offers little electrical benefit, compared to modern polymers.

I note that the 'fuss' over Dueland cables came from guitarists and the effect it had on the sound (tone) of their instruments. That is fair enough, but when it comes to the reproduction of said guitar sound, then I would have thought every component in the replay chain should be as neutral as possible and not have any 'sound' of its own.
    Barry

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Especially as it is clad in an oil-impregnated cotton covering (what is the oil used)
    Snake? The construction of the cable does something. Don't have a clue, but it does sound pretty good.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Wakefield Turntables View Post
    Snake? The construction of the cable does something. Don't have a clue, but it does sound pretty good.
    Touché.
    Barry

I'm Dennis.

Shouldn't that be;
    "Snake? The constriction of the cable does something?"

I enquired as to the type of oil used to impregnate the cotton covering of the Duelund cable.

Given the sceptical nature of my post, Andrew rather wittily replied "Snake", a reference to the term 'snake oil', which I thought was rather apt.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast