+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New speakers

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    What are the others you have had with which you compare these Steve?
    Tannoy D700, Usher Mini Dancer 2 Diamond, B&W 801 (original) Castle Howard, Heco Statement. All of which needed powerful amplification to drive them.

I'm Dennis.

Was the 801 the 80s one with squarish pods Steve? I compared those with my ESS Monitors then.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    Was the 801 the 80s one with squarish pods Steve? I compared those with my ESS Monitors then.
    Yes they were Dennis

I'm Alan.

Default Custom V20

Quote Originally Posted by 337alant View Post
    They look very nice Steve and they suit your room size, are you happy with the sound?.
    They look remarkable similar to the Visitation V20s, is that what the based their design on ?
    https://www.wilmslowaudio.co.uk/visa...v20-2709-p.asp

Alan
    Yes they are based on the old Wilmslow design, ive made quite a few pairs of them over the years, the cabinets are altered slightly and have more bracing partitions inside, the midrange cabinet is optimized for the drivers as the wilmslow one is a bit small, crossovers are also different to the wilmslow version and they integrate better with the mids, ive jute lined the critical panel areas in the mid and bass chambers and the rest of the damping is wadding and foam, side cover fitting olso helps with the edge diffraction for a nice deep stereo image, we should be up and running soon with Alchris Audio and are looking at a launch date of around 1st August although much of that depends on how the driver manufacturers progress with opening up and supplying drivers, its a bit slow at the moment, the V20 wont be part of the official range but it will be available to custom order from Alchris Audio if anybody wants them.

Regards Alan

I'm Alan.

Sounds good Alan bet they sound great
    Best of luck with your new range of speakers

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm Steve.

I thought you might like a betty shuffty at me new speakers and DAC, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPIk5Ju16dw

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    I thought you might like a betty shuffty at me new speakers and DAC, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPIk5Ju16dw
    Excellent walk-around Steve, thanks for taking the time to do one. Sorted kit that, especially the speakers going by looks alone, Nice one!
    System 1: - Amp - Musical Paradise MP-701 mk2 - Neurochrome 686
    - Source: Audio Technica LP-5 - Custom 6V6 stage - Novafidelity X30 - Soekris 1421 (LPSU) - Custom TDA1541 C3G DAC -
    - Speakers: Martin Logan Prodigy's - Subs: - REL T3's -

System 2 - Amp: Musical Paradise MP 303/Custom 300B SET - Custom 6SL7 Pre -
    - Source: Pioneer N-30K - SONCOZ SGD1 -
    - Speakers: Loth X BS1's - Sub: REL T3 -

I'm Adrian.

Great vid Steve, your system looks great, enjoy it.
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123