+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New speakers

I'm Geoff.

Talking

I prefer "Pogmeister"

I'm Alan.

That's such an uplifting tale, to work with a talented supplier and have custom speakers to your spec.

Plus then to be blown away with them
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    I have not been able to find any info on them Steve, But have had a high regard for Visaton for many years, what did they cost?
    Lets just say "a lot". However, having owned B&W 801 which is my all time favourite classic and many others besides these blow the mothers into the weeds and without the need for a Krell to do it. When Alchrist Audio are up and running proper i urge anyone looking for new speakers to put the brand on your list. Check out Alan Clark's FBP and you can see how the Progmeister specials evolved and also get a glimpse of the new range. Kralk Audio owners you invested wisely! For thos that want some of the same experience will need to keep their eyes and ears open for the Alchrist range which are as stunning.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    That's such an uplifting tale, to work with a talented supplier and have custom speakers to your spec.

Plus then to be blown away with them
    Indeedly doodly Alan. BTW, we are well overdue to get pissed and start dancing ha ha

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
    I prefer "Pogmeister"
    Me too Geoff ha ha. It has a Game Of Thronesness about it ha ha.

I'm Alan.

They look very nice Steve and they suit your room size, are you happy with the sound?.
    They look remarkable similar to the Visitation V20s, is that what the based their design on ?
    https://www.wilmslowaudio.co.uk/visa...v20-2709-p.asp

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by 337alant View Post
    They look very nice Steve and they suit your room size, are you happy with the sound?.
    They look remarkable similar to the Visitation V20s, is that what the based their design on ?
    https://www.wilmslowaudio.co.uk/visa...v20-2709-p.asp

Alan
    Hey Alan good to hear from you. Yes, the basic design was taken from there. \however, it has been totally revamped by Alan for my needs. Dimensions have been altered, better driver/Xover component specs and finish have been massively changed. Please come and have a liten to them.

I'm Steve.

You've been on quite a journey, and this destination is well deserved. I know we'll all be excited to hear them (NEBO?) What are the dimensions? They look big buggers. I like big speakers
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    Indeed they are Martin. It's a long story which i will post as part of this thread later when i am not absolutely knackered. I hope you are well sir?
    I'm good mate. Speakers look ace, you can't beat a big three-way.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Floyddroid View Post
    Lets just say "a lot". However, having owned B&W 801 which is my all time favourite classic and many others besides these blow the mothers into the weeds and without the need for a Krell to do it. When Alchrist Audio are up and running proper i urge anyone looking for new speakers to put the brand on your list. Check out Alan Clark's FBP and you can see how the Progmeister specials evolved and also get a glimpse of the new range. Kralk Audio owners you invested wisely! For thos that want some of the same experience will need to keep their eyes and ears open for the Alchrist range which are as stunning.
    What are the others you have had with which you compare these Steve?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast