I’ve recently been given a pair of Magnum-K2’s in pretty bad shape. On the list of todos is all the usual stuff like:

- Recap
- Rewire
- Upgrade posts
- Sand/oil/repair veneer
- Respray face black
- Recover grills
- Replace foam gaskets
- Other stuff I can’t think of right now

Unfortunately there’s also some damage to the mids that has been “last ditch” repaired with PVA, but they’re not great. The mids just don’t come through anymore. The tweeters seem ok, although they’re extremely grubby and the coating on the cone is deteriorating a bit. They do sound acceptable to me though (acceptable being the only word). The bass drivers are pretty much perfect, no separation of the cone covering as far as I can tell, so happy to leave those as is.

So I’m looking for recommendations for mids and possibly tweeters? Do I hunt for original parts and stay purist or do I throw something ‘better’ in there? I can find plenty of people who love these and plenty that hate them. I can’t tell what they sounded like due to the damage, so I’m after opinions on which way to go… I suppose the end goal is more about better sounding rather than purist but I’m completely open to any and all input.

Thank you