+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spare room budget cinema

I'm Ben.

Default Spare room budget cinema

So a few months back we decided to convert the rarely used spare bedroom into a more usable and enjoyable space.

Out went the old bed to make way for a new futon sofa bed for the odd twice a year guest stays and whilst the carpet was up I ran some speaker and HDMI cables under the floorboards with the idea of a mini home cinema set up. The room is only 3 x 3m but actually its just about perfect for the 2 of us either relaxing on the sofa or using it as a "day bed". We specifically chose dark red coloured walls with a nice feature panel and grey ceilings to ensure we got an almost dark proper cinema feel when the screen is down and the lights are out.

bedroom.jpg

Bedroom2.jpgBedroom3.jpg

The screen itself is a blackout blind which unrolls from a pole above the window (cheap but does the job fine for now). After a lot of pondering on soundbars I eventually bit the bullet and bought a great richer sounds Yamaha 5.1 amp & speaker package.

https://www.richersounds.com/tv-home...a-yht1840.html

Despite the small size of the speakers it sounds remarkable good and has all the connections I could want for and at at miniscule £330 its perfect for the room.

Then came the choice of a projector and after reading loads of reviews on Amazon I opted for a Yaufey Mini 3D DLP Projector as it was on offer at £200 at the time and I really wanted the option as well as I have quite a few 3D bluray movies

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Projector-A...a-907045450043

Initial thoughts were that it performed pretty well and although it wasn't amazing in terms of contrast or depth of blacks it was OK and felt like decent value for the money. After a bit of playing around with it I realised that It needs to be perfectly level and square in front of the screen to be able to show 3D content which i was never going to be able to achieve with where I had located it. Hey Ho I thought with slight annoyance. Then as the weeks went by and we started to use the room more and enjoy it I began hankering for something that gave me another step up in image quality. Although the Yaufey was Ok sometimes it just felt a bit too dark and needed some more power to it, plus I had realised it was only actually showing a 720p image which I felt wasnt really good enough. So when Amazons black Friday came round 2 weeks back I spotted the Anka Nebula Cosmos projector on a "too good to miss offer" and snapped one up.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nebula-Cosm...YXRDAYM50KBM4D

The difference between the 2 projectors is night and day, the Cosmos is far superior and I'm blown away with how good it looks being fed from either my old blueray player or my amazon box. I'm now getting a 1080p 90inch image which I can sit or lay about 2.6m away from and it looks and sounds fabulous. Its like being in my own mini cinema which plays the films I enjoy without the annoyance of other people
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Ben.

Some of last night's tennis IMG_20210705_195552.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm Grant.

looks a good projector. a very decent picture i'd say
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Ben.

Cheers mate, very pleased with it so far.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

+ Reply to Thread