+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Schiit Freya Plus Upgrades

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
    That's the plan Ali, along with my modded Primaluna PL4 for HF, Nord class D, now sporting Rev D input boards (bass++), the new speaker cabinets and Marchand active crossover with Linkwitz Transform. I'm kicking an f3 of 19Hz with this combo.

Banging! Look forward to hearing it all Ken.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm shahrin.

Cheers Chris
    No we dont want to hijack Kens thread
    Thanks for link re rectifier.
    I need to see a few projects through to completion.
    Much obliged.
    Shahrin
    Thorens td124 mk2 / Bokrand AB309/ 103r
    SLAT L75 / Jelco 850S / AT VM740ML
    Marantz CD63 / Bluesound / Musical Paradise 701 II/ ESP 500Hz eXO / PL Prologue 4 and Nord 1UP amps / JK Wynn semiactive NS1000 upgrade
    /ESP 700 Hz eXO / JBL 4333 components

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwin View Post
    Grounding with a screw driver doesn't do the caps any good.
    Put a big old ceramic resistor across the cap for a few seconds, that will drain it.
    Use something like a 20W 400 to 800ohm ceramic wire wound resistor.
    I made a box with a resistor in it, that I can plug a pair of meter test leads into, to do this for my Tube amps.
    This box can be plugged in, in line with my meter/test leads, to drain the cap and confirm zero voltage is present in one operation.
    The resistor is mounted in parallel across the leads inside the box.
    yup thats best way to drain them. sparking will work but its shock tactics and may not rid it all. That said in the old telly days we were inclined to just stick a rather large driver across the huge smoothers.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123