+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: KEF LS50s - demos?

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Still prefer it to R1, which "charlie for the chavs"
    So do I, but that's because "I'm old, very very old".
    Barry

I'm Dennis.

Occasionally on odd glimpses of R1, there is something very good, and although the speech quality is quite good usually, I cannot bear Steve Wright as a personality, his ebullience and egotism irk me.

I often compare R1 with R1xtra on DVB, and the latter usually has exemplary vocal recordings, although the music on either is not to my taste.

Is the "Charlie" above referring to elicit substances? I thought the chav 'culture' had died, and that hipsters were the new brigade.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I used to listen to "Late Junction" on R3; mainly to be introduced to new, modern and diverse music, regardless of genre. Over the years I made dozens of (illicit) recordings: but don't do so now, partly because it is broadcast so late at night (23:00 to 01:00), and partly because I have 'retired' my Nakamichi recorders.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    Occasionally on odd glimpses of R1, there is something very good, and although the speech quality is quite good usually, I cannot bear Steve Wright as a personality, his ebullience and egotism irk me.

I often compare R1 with R1xtra on DVB, and the latter usually has exemplary vocal recordings, although the music on either is not to my taste.

Is the "Charlie" above referring to elicit substances? I thought the chav 'culture' had died, and that hipsters were the new brigade.
    It probably has Dennis, I'm a bit out of touch. When I say chavs, I'm thinking of the hoodie-wearing scumbags who regularly feature on CCTV breaking into houses or running away from police dogs.

When I think of hipsters, I have a mental image of a bloke with short but tidily cut hair, a big fuck-off beard and fairly rugged looking but expensive clothes and boots. I think the look they're aiming for is "lumberjack going on a date"
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    It probably has Dennis, I'm a bit out of touch. When I say chavs, I'm thinking of the hoodie-wearing scumbags who regularly feature on CCTV breaking into houses or running away from police dogs.

When I think of hipsters, I have a mental image of a bloke with short but tidily cut hair, a big fuck-off beard and fairly rugged looking but expensive clothes and boots. I think the look they're aiming for is "lumberjack going on a date"
    A pony tail and a soul patch is another giveaway, also seems to be a thing to wear a rucksack with nothing much in it.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

I think 50+ hipsters look really hilarious, especially if they wear very tight jeans. (mind you, all hipsters look hilarious to me )

See a few 60+ Rockabilly/Ted types around here too, they are even funnier, it's hard to sport a quiff when there's nothing left to quiff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I used to listen to "Late Junction" on R3; mainly to be introduced to new, modern and diverse music, regardless of genre. Over the years I made dozens of (illicit) recordings: but don't do so now, partly because it is broadcast so late at night (23:00 to 01:00), and partly because I have 'retired' my Nakamichi recorders.
    That is exactly what I used to do, but I didn't record it, and the quality of the music 15+ years ago was consistently very high, one narrator in particular was good, I think Shakira, or another eastern sounding name. The lateness is very annoying, and now the programme seems to include so much of 'smart arses with samplers' who have little to say, that it is intolerable to me.

"When I think of hipsters, I have a mental image of a bloke with short but tidily cut hair, a big fuck-off beard and fairly rugged looking but expensive clothes and boots. I think the look they're aiming for is "lumberjack going on a date"

Yes Steve, and they run a coffee outlet or make chocolate.

Martin, is a "soul patch" a bald spot?

It seems to me that the youth subgrouping had largely subsided, and now getting a degree and running businesses is de rigour; not much youthful protest going on. Maybe it is the expression from David Brent, "Age and treachery will always triumph over youth and ability", now readily accepted, that has turned youth into what it now is.

I'm Martin.

Martin, is a "soul patch" a bald spot?

No it's a sort of beard.

A soul patch yesterday:

Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    A pony tail and a soul patch is another giveaway, also seems to be a thing to wear a rucksack with nothing much in it.
    Mostly used for his grooming products, and occasionally to carry his dirty washing round to mums.

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Steve.

Yes Steve, and they run a coffee outlet or make chocolate.
    I almost included that, but thought that might just be my experience!

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast