+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chord or NJC?

I'm Steve.

Default Chord or NJC?

I am in a bit of a dilemma. Should i buy a Chord 2Qute DAC from my dealer or an NJC reference 24 bit 192 Khz DAC which i would have to order? The Chord is twice the price though it is an established brand the NJC from what i gather is a much smaller set up? Advice appreciated from those with knowledge on the subject.

I'm Steve.

Iv'e ordered an NCJ 24 bit 192Khz reference DAC. F..k it!

I'm Bill.

I have been using an NJC Reference Headphone Amp for a while now and have recently purchased the Reference DAC.

I have had many conversations with Richard over the last couple of years and his help and advice has been above and beyond what I expected.

Both units are superb, not only in craftsmanship (NJC virtually hand make them) but the sound quality is beyond anything else I've heard.

I'm sure you will be impressed, please report back when you have had a chance to listen.
    Chord Mojo / Sennheiser HD600

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourneendboy View Post
    I have been using an NJC Reference Headphone Amp for a while now and have recently purchased the Reference DAC.

I have had many conversations with Richard over the last couple of years and his help and advice has been above and beyond what I expected.

Both units are superb, not only in craftsmanship (NJC virtually hand make them) but the sound quality is beyond anything else I've heard.

I'm sure you will be impressed, please report back when you have had a chance to listen.
    Will do. As you know, it will be a couple of weeks until it arrives as they are hand built to order.

I'm Lawrence.

I'd just add that hand made is not always better than mass produced. Hand made well and with skill and care usually is though!

That's no reflection on NJC which I haven't actually owned, just a general observation as I've heard it said a few times.

I'm Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    I'd just add that hand made is not always better than mass produced. Hand made well and with skill and care usually is though!

That's no reflection on NJC which I haven't actually owned, just a general observation as I've heard it said a few times.
    In the case of NJC it most certainly does add to the quality, take a look at the images on their website for a taster

I'm Bill.

How are you getting on with it? I'd be interested to know which input you are using?

+ Reply to Thread