+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Sale Martin Logan Aerius Electrostatic Speaakers

I'm Peter.

Default For Sale Martin Logan Aerius Electrostatic Speaakers

Fired these up after a long while. I had forgotten just how good these are. There is the expected electrostatic speed and transparency of the mids and highs, but there is also a good amount of useful bass provided by the active woofers that integrate very well with the rest of the sound, and to my mind pretty much seamlessly in fact.
    These are in very good condition, with no cosmetic issues of note. The crossover components were upgraded before I got them. The original components were kept and are available should the next owner wishes to restore them to original.
    I don't have the original jumpers. The ones that are on them are lash ups made from left overs from a cable that was used for a DIY pure silver interconnect.
    A couple of very heavy custom steel plates are included. These bolt onto the bottom of the speakers. They add stability and also tighten up the bass a tad.
    500 collected from Cheshire.

Plenty of write ups on these, here's a couple for starters.
    https://www.stereophile.com/floorlou...312/index.html

https://hometheaterhifi.com/volume_7...-i-5-2000.html

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Those take me back. I had some Aeon-i's and they were very interesting indeed. Holographic imaging; one could practically walk around and shake hands with the musicians!

I refinished mine in silver. That was many years ago!

I'm Chris.

500?? A snip!! Assuming no wife?
    Chris.

I'm Grant.

yeah, should be excellent these.. good price too.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - IFI PURIFIER 2/PATHOS CLASSIC REMIX & HIDAC AMPLIFIER - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - NURAPHONE' HEADPHONES - 2*ZBOOK'- ROON - MULTI HDD'S - DIGIONE RPI3 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC SUPRA, FISUAL, MOGAMI,

**Ive studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through**

"An old man sleeps with his conscience at night, while young kids sleep with their dreams"

"Justice is sinking to the bottom of the sea, And it feels like I'm living in the wasteland of the free"

It was the weakest practical joke since Cardinal Wolsey got his nob out at Hampton Court and stood at the end of the passage pretending to be a door!

I like my whisky old and my women young. "Happiness is having a rare steak, a bottle of whisky, and a dog to eat the rare steak!"

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Peter.

Need to free up some space, so have priced these to sell.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

At 500, these are a downright bloody bargain. Would buy these myself, but collection is not possible for me.

Anyway GLWS

Barry
    Barry

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    At 500, these are a downright bloody bargain. Would buy these myself, but collection is not possible for me.

Anyway GLWS

Barry
    Cheers. That's usually the case. Whenever you see something you want that's to big to post, chances are it's the other end of the country from where you are. Sods law.
    I've had a few people interested but unable to collect due to distance.

I'm jp.

I think these are my old ones looking at the bag of caps? https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...-Recent-Panels

If so: - crossover caps upgraded by the person I purchased them from (ex technical director of wharfedale) and they had new panels just before I sold them.

GLWTS

I'm Peter.

Cheers Diceman. I had forgotten that the panels had been replaced, which makes them even more of a bargain.

I'm Lawrence.

Was going to ask about the panels but didn't want to be seen as thread crapping.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast