+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 72 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: UEFA Euro 2020 (now 2021)

I'm Steve.

Enjoyed the Wales game against Turkey! 2-0.

Super goals. Pleased that Bale and Ramsey have hit such good form. Bale's accuracy with passes is astonishing.

France are now at 7-2 to win.

Now we'll see if my £30 6-1 investment in Italy pays off. Switzerland tonight. Azzurri must be fancied.

I'm Martin.

seemed like a good effort from Wales although I was only able to catch the last 20 minutes. Should give them a bit of confidence going into the knockout stage.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm gordan.

turks were awful, even an average wales looked much better then they really were.
    Gordan.
    Speakers: Oris Swing MkII
    Amps: Thomas Mayer 300b/ Hiraga La Maison de L'Audiophile 20
    Preamp: Silver AVC by eng. Ferenc Lazar
    Phono Preamp: Shishido LCR by Solaja Audio
    Decks: Garrard 301 Martin Bastin reworked/plinthed with Fidelity Research FR64fx
    Garrard 401 in eng Ferenc Lazar solid wenge plinth with SME 3012/2
    Cartridges: SPU Spirit/ Koetsu Black revisited by eng. Salai/ Miyajima Shilabe
    Step Up Transformers: Tango MCT 999/ Ortofon T-5000/ Lumiere SUT
    Digital: Shigaclone by eng. Ferenc Lazar with Lampizator Amber II
    Wires: of sufficient length

I'm Grant.

yeah good win from Wales.. keeps them in it. Turkey have been very disappointing.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I'll comment on this properly later, as we're just about to go out and do some shopping. However, needless to say Wales and Italy were great!!

Your selection in the sweep doesn't seem to be too bad, eh Martin?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Yeah, first of all Wales were excellent. I disagree that Turkey were awful. In the first game, they made it very hard for Italy in the first half, then ran out of steam once Italy had ran them ragged, and of course were well beaten in the end simply by a much better team. I think that Italy would've done that to quite a few teams in this tournament, not simply Turkey, so you gave to bear that in mind.

Yesterday, Turkey gave Wales a game of it and had some chances to score, although they were again eventually beaten by the better team, and this Wales side are certainly no mugs. I reckon that they could give any team in this tournament a good game. So Turkey have been a little bit disappointing, yes, but not poor. I think that they can beat Switzerland in the last game and regain some pride.

Italy carried on from where they left off against Turkey and simply ran over the top of a hardworking Swiss team, with a soupcon of talent. I particularly like Shakiri (wish Celtic would sign him) and Embolo, who I'd also gladly see at Parkhead, and who tried their best collectively, but were ultimately outclassed by a far superior Italian team, who seem to be getting better with each match.

Gary Neville said last night that he wasn't sure whether Italy would have enough attacking threat or quality to hurt the big teams, and he may have a point, so we'll have to wait and see, but the question I'd put to him is would the big teams he's referring to (I'm presuming he's talking about the likes of France, Portugal, Germany, Belgium, etc) have done any more against the two teams Italy have played so far and thumped 3-0, going on 4 or 5-0?

I doubt it. As they say, you can only beat what's put in front of you, and in my view when any of said 'big teams' are put in front of Italy, later in the tournament, they'll know all about it!

Ok, so Denmark vs. Belgium next... I think Belgium could be in for a hard game today, as the Danes will be desperate to make up for their opening defeat to Finland, in a game that should never have been restarted after Eriksen collapsed, and instead played later, once their emotions had calmed. Therefore, the team will want to do well for the player as he recovers in hospital. That would certainly be my team talk, if I were the Danish manager: 'Go out there lads and do it for Christian!'

Therefore, we'll see what happens, but I do expect Belgium to have too much quality for them over the 90 mins, and so in the end will emerge triumphant

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

one nil to Belgium is my prediction.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Grant.

they were talking about a tribute to eriksen during game... would be a nice tribute. sure it'll be a close game.. the dutch play tonight and i expect them to win
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Default Group D: Denmark 1 Belgium 2

What a great game of football, which panned out pretty much as I predicted!

I knew that Denmark would be right up for this one, for reasons stated, and boy were they! In the first 30 mins they blew away a rather lacklustre Belgian side and could easily been 3 or 4 up, but had to settle for the one goal, which was taken well by Poulsen.

Then at half time I suspect that (a no doubt seething) Martinez shoved rockets up the arses of his players, for the shabby performance in the first half, and they came out all guns blazing, then when their big guns came of the subs bench (Hazard, De Bruyne and Witsel) and showed their class, the goals soon folllowed and that won the game for Belgium.

The plucky, and in no small amount talented Danes, were always still in it though, and had a few chances to equalise, but as predicted Belgium's class eventually paid dividends, especially when Denmark tired after having played the game at such a high tempo from the start, so despite a valiant effort, were unable to take any points.

However, Belgium will have to massively improve defensively if they're to go on to win this tournament, as all too often Denmark exposed the weaknesses in their defence and made them look rather ordinary, which is one of the reasons why I don't think they have quite what it takes to go all the way.

So.... Now onto Netherlands vs. Austria. Austria are a good side, with a tight defence and decent goal threat up front, so I suspect they'll give Holland a difficult game, but again, much like with Belgium, I think Holland will have a bit too much for them, and so should win the match by the odd goal

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Martin.

well I've not got a scoreline right yet but I'm going to say two-nil to Holland.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 72 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast