+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: halogen and fluorescent lamp ban

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    What do you do with the fluorescent tube 'starter' when replacing the tube with a LED batten?
    You have to change the whole fitting , old cfl fittings are not compatible with led lights

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by willbewill View Post
    Oh man that's a disaster for all my Mathmos lamps.
    You'll be ok, if you leave them on with LED bulbs for a few days the wax should start to soften. I think you'll get that first eruption within a few weeks. You know, the one that always looks a bit phallic

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    Cheers - do you know if they have the same "quality" of light, I guess I mean dispersal/diffuse characteristic?
    They're better..they switch on instantly, no flickering..a solid clear light... and you don't need starters....they are marvelous
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    You can get LED strips to replace the flourescent.
    Well that sounds straightforward - my first thought was "Oh no another bloody job for the list"
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Well that sounds straightforward - my first thought was "Oh no another bloody job for the list"

Face it, you wouldn't know what to do if there weren't a million things on that list.

I'm guy.

Quote Originally Posted by mad-moon View Post
    They're better..they switch on instantly, no flickering..a solid clear light... and you don't need starters....they are marvelous
    Cheers Alan, that is reassuring
    LP12, Ittok (black), DV10X5, NVA Phono 2 (twin supply), NVAP50, Art Audio Quintet 15w power amp, NVA LS5 cable, Rega Ela mk1's.
    Sony CDP XB930.

I'm BigBobJoylove.

I agree with Moony. I've only bought LED bulbs for years now. Huge life, excellent brightness, no flicker, they use a fraction of the power; just select the colour temperature you want.

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

I'm Dave.

We have 32 Halogen downlight in the house. If they require new fittings, it's going to cost a fortune and will require an electrician to do the job.

To delay the fateful day, my Wife ordered 100 Halogen bulbs on Tuesday..

I'm Phil.

I have found that led security lights can fail fast. Had 2 that failed within months .also just had electrician back out to a flickering led light only recently fitted and it was the bulb faulty

I'm malcolm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    You'll be ok, if you leave them on with LED bulbs for a few days the wax should start to soften. I think you'll get that first eruption within a few weeks. You know, the one that always looks a bit phallic
    Audiophile Tosher

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast