+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTD: Over ear headphones

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by rodgerdodger15 View Post
    Shure SRH840, mint condition, boxed with all fixtures and fittings and additional straight cable. £100 + £5 towards postage.
    Thanks Roger

They get good reviews

More research has led me down the bluetooth/wireless path. So that's what I'm after now.

Cheers.

Loz

I'm Loz.

Still looking. Sennheiser Momentum anyone?

I'm Lawrence.

I'm listening to my Sony's now, the sound is warm/full/bassy/relaxed/rolled off, but I love them. They are getting cheaper too...

I'm Lawrence.

I'm Nick.

I would look into Superlux. It might seem on the low price range (£20-50) but they are simply outstanding (and not just 'for the price').

I have had 3 different pairs and listened to 5 and they would be my go to for headphones under £100. They have a range of closed, semi-open and open so you can base you decision on whether you are going to use them outside (among other factors).

Not sure where else they are available from, it's been a while since I bought a pair but check around and I know for sure Thomann and Amazon sell them.

My recommendation would be the HD681, fully open (so basically useless outdoors), they seem to have the greatest level of detail.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
    Hifi: Innuos Zen Mini MKIII > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Quad Vena II > Custom Clyde interconnects > TA Monoblocks > Tellurium Black > Reiver Millburn MK II (Custom super tweeters & TQ Black Jumpers).

Headphone Rig: MacBook Pro/Google CCA > Fisual Hollywood Optical > Beresford SEG > Custom Clyde interconnects > Beresford Capella > Sennheiser 700s

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    I would look into Superlux. It might seem on the low price range (£20-50) but they are simply outstanding (and not just 'for the price').

I have had 3 different pairs and listened to 5 and they would be my go to for headphones under £100. They have a range of closed, semi-open and open so you can base you decision on whether you are going to use them outside (among other factors).

Not sure where else they are available from, it's been a while since I bought a pair but check around and I know for sure Thomann and Amazon sell them.

My recommendation would be the HD681, fully open (so basically useless outdoors), they seem to have the greatest level of detail.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
    Thank you Nick. I'll have a look at those.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12