+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Crap Weather for June!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    A colleague at work once gave me some very good advice: "choose the shoes you wear and the bed you sleep in with care, because if you're not in the one you're in the other". Fortunately all size 8 shoes fit me, and I'm not too fussy about the bed (as long as it's not too soft).
    Good advice, but I (and especially Del) care greatly about how comfortable the bed (and specifically mattress) is we sleep in, and indeed the quality of the pillows (how well they support your head and neck) and also the sheets/linen used (essential for a comfortable sleep), which is why we've spent a considerable amount of dosh on all of that

So yes "fussy" we are!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Cooling down nicely now. Dinner al fresco again to be followed by a late evening stroll.
    Yup, same here - enjoy!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Sorry to hear that, but what took you so long?

When Del and I go there, we select what we want from their website in advance, check it's in stock before we go, and *specifically target only those items*. No wandering around aimlessly, lol.. We also only go to stores at off-peak times and days when they're liable to be quiet.

When we arrive, we locate the items we're looking for in the store and use the ticket information (plus pencils and paper provided) to jot down where they're held in the warehouse. Then go to the warehouse, collect them and take them to the tills. That process normally takes no more than an hour or so, then it's offski home and job done!

Marco.
    Happy wanted to go 'window shopping'. At the start we only had a couple of items in mind, but as we walked around we found plenty of other things to buy. Also when it comes to fabrics (such as bed linen and pillows), Happy likes to see and feel the items in question to assess their quality. Several times Happy would chose an item only to find one of a better quality later and thus 'back track' to return the first choice where we found it. It was that which took the time.

What started as an empty trolley soon became full of bits and bobs: bed linen; kitchen utensils; tea towels; etc. etc.
    Barry

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Good advice, but I (and especially Del) care greatly about how comfortable the bed (and specifically mattress) is we sleep in, and indeed the quality of the pillows (how well they support your head and neck) and also the sheets/linen used (essential for a comfortable sleep), which is why we've spent a considerable amount of dosh on all of that

So yes "fussy" we are!

Marco.
    Having spent a lot of time travelling around the world on a budget, I have had to learn to sleep on floors, in hammocks, in the desert 'under the stars' and in hotels where the rooms are usually let by the hour ( ). So I have become relatively unfussy when it comes to beds. That is not to say I'm unfussy about the bed linen I/we use at home - in fact I'm surprisingly fussy about the quality of the cotton used. The same applies with towels.
    Barry

Happy wanted to go 'window shopping'. At the start we only had a couple of items in mind, but as we walked around we found plenty of other things to buy. Also when it comes to fabrics (such as bed linen and pillows), Happy likes to see and feel the items in question to assess their quality. Several times Happy would chose an item only to find one of a better quality later and thus 'back track' to return the first choice where we found it. It was that which took the time.

What started as an empty trolley soon became full of bits and bobs: bed linen; kitchen utensils; tea towels; etc. etc.
    Lol, no worries. I'm lucky in that Del doesn't really do 'window shopping'.

She tends to know what she WANTS [when she wants something, she WANTS it, tout suite] and where to get it - then gets it and I pay for it! It's a fairly seamless and relatively fast process

Marco.
    Main System

Having spent a lot of time travelling around the world on a budget, I have had to learn to sleep on floors, in hammocks, in the desert 'under the stars' and in hotels where the rooms are usually let by the hour ( ). So I have become relatively unfussy when it comes to beds. That is not to say I'm unfussy about the bed linen I/we use at home - in fact I'm surprisingly fussy about the quality of the cotton used. The same applies with towels.
    Yeah, I know what you mean and such adventures can be both entertaining and fun. However, I've been too used to my creature comforts, lol!

In terms of the bit in bold, me too, and especially Del, who won't settle for anything less than Egyptian cotton. Towels also need to be soft and thick and wash well, plus retain their colour and shape over time with multiple washes.

Nothing worse than the opposite!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

12c and currently sunny, although forecast is for it to cloud over
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

20C and cloudy. Feels just right for me.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Gonna be a warm one today, chaps, I reckon especially for Geoff!

Currently 18.5C and rising, sun splitting the skies... God bless my air cooler!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Grant.

wet here..11c
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast