+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Boot Sale 2021

I'm Martin.

No doubt about it, my mate who lives in Tulse Hill finds better stuff lying in the street than they sell in the charity shops here.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

up here its all tat tbh, bar the occasional thing. prices are higher than shops too. ive not been in one for years.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca
    No doubt about it, my mate who lives in Tulse Hill finds better stuff lying in the street than they sell in the charity shops here.
    Yep - you should see the stuff put out for collection where my partner lives in London. Perfectly decent and working coffee makers, blenders, sewing machines, microwave ovens, vacuum cleaners, refrigerators/freezers etc. And all because they are too lazy to take them to a recycling centre, or to a charity shop.
    Last edited by Barry; 04-07-2021 at 21:41. Reason: spelling
    Barry

I'm Martin.

No need to do that here, we have the 'tat man' who comes around about once a week. Got rid of an old radiator to him just last month. He's only interested in metal stuff though.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

Yes, we get them round here about once a month. They ring a hand bell to let you know to "bring out your dead".
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Bagged at this morning's car boot:

The The "Dusk" and New Order "Republic" on CD. And Gipsy Kings' first album on vinyl (NM). For a grand total of £3.50

Just played the Gipsy Kings one - really is NM, completely free of background noise and super clean. Don't own any of their stuff, but saw them live on Sky Arts a couple of years ago and quite liked them. Mrs. P left the room shaking her head, which is usually a good sign
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

With everyone now streaming, the cost of CDs (and DVDs, including Blu-ray versions) has plumitted. It not unusual to see CDs going for 20p, and DVDs for 50p in the bootsales around here. Yet understandably, the charity shops are still asking £1 - 2 for disks as they have to make a profit.

For LPs, the sellers will ask at least £5 for anything half decent; usually a lot more. The buyer/dealers crowding around the stall, always armed with a record collectors price guide, root through all the records, especially 7" singles, looking for that rare pressing they have seen going in auction for £1,000! I wait till they have all buggered off so I can peruse what is on offer at a more leisurely pace, not expecting to find anything of interest (though sometimes I do), and am at least amused by the prices being asked for the numerous LPs I have had in my collection for years.

Lately we have been visiting up to five bootsales in a week, so I have come away with 20 or so CDs.
    Barry

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    With everyone now streaming, the cost of CDs (and DVDs, including Blu-ray versions) has plumitted. It not unusual to see CDs going for 20p, and DVDs for 50p in the bootsales around here. Yet understandably, the charity shops are still asking £1 - 2 for disks as they have to make a profit.

For LPs, the sellers will ask at least £5 for anything half decent; usually a lot more. The buyer/dealers crowding around the stall, always armed with a record collectors price guide, root through all the records, especially 7" singles, looking for that rare pressing they have seen going in auction for £1,000! I wait till they have all buggered off so I can peruse what is on offer at a more leisurely pace, not expecting to find anything of interest (though sometimes I do), and am at least amused by the prices being asked for the numerous LPs I have had in my collection for years.

Lately we have been visiting up to five bootsales in a week, so I have come away with 20 or so CDs.
    That's pretty much what I do if I arrive early, though usually the vultures have been and gone by the time I get there. Nice to find decent vinyl at a good price, but I'm not going into a scrum with that lot to get them.

As for 7" singles: a customer recently gave me several hundred singles which belonged to her deceased husband. Everything from Roxy Music through to Beatles and Stones. But condition-wise mostly rough as a badger's arse. No idea what to do with them, binning them feels somehow disrespectful. but I know I'll never play them. I should take them to a car boot sale and see what the collector/vultures make of them. If they fetched enough to get my customer some flowers or something that would be a feel good moment
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

That's a good idea: rarity seems to surplant condition when it comes to singles. Just make sure you at least recoup the seller's fee.
    Barry

Some classical vinyl in very good 'nick', found not at a bootsale but in a charity shop for 75p each:

(10" vinyl)

(10" vinyl)

Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast