+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Boot Sale 2021

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Nice haul there, Barry! Del and I were tidying up and categorising all the classical LPs we have on vinyl, and putting them not only in main alphabetical order, but in terms of symphonies, concertos, etc, and composers - all 1500 of them (not including box sets)!

So that was fun And we did the same with the rest of the vinyl, amounting to 2500, of rock, pop, jazz, folk, blues, electronic albums - you name it, not to mention 500 12" singles, from the 80s, all now properly categorised in alphabetical order (of artist and/or band) and genre.

But it now means that in the music/hi-fi room, I can, at a glance and within seconds, now find everything I need, instead of the bollox it was before!

And the same was done with the 2500 CDs we've got, which was equally as much 'fun'! A job well done, though...

You know what it's like, when you've got that much stuff, it it's not tidy and organised, you end up never listening to half of it! I discovered about 100 brand new albums, still unopened and in their wrappers, which were buried somewhere, I'd forgotten I'd bought!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Adam.

Went to my first car boot sale in 18 months and the only thing of any vague interest was a pair of Akai SW-161a speakers, so I came home empty-handed.

Probably for the best!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Geoff.

Gave up boot sales years ago. I got fed up with looking at grubby toys, knackered hedge trimmers and hoovers, part used tins of paint, old clothes and all the other ugly, useless old crap!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

I only really look out for CDs, and the odd bit of vinyl.

This morning wasn't too bad - new and unopened copy of Mike Oldfield's "Earth Moving" for a fiver, CDs of Prodigy "The Day is my Enemy" (brand new), Radiohead's "In Rainbows" and Mike Oldfield "Platinum", all three for a quid. Making a grand total of £6.

Which was 3 quid less than I paid for a Stanley Fat Max tape measure there. I do get through a lot of tapes, getting a good one has been a lengthy procedure, so I'm hoping this Stanley one will measure up to my expectations... I'll get me coat
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Alan.

Measure up, lol...
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Adam.

Default Boot Sale 2021

Was up at 6am for a car boot sale today and we set our stall up by torchlight in the dark, which was a first!

Had a great morning - came home £150 richer and with a lot more space in the car.

Only one purchase and they could be interesting. They’re a pair of Truvox LS120 speakers which are a new one to me, although I know the Truvox name as their former service manager has run a vintage electronics shop in Southampton since god was a lad and I’ve known him for over 30 years. Anyway, they looked very 1960s and were impressively weighty and when I was told they were 50p for the pair, I grabbed them!

Back at the car, I prised the grilles off to find a brace of Celestion drivers including HF1300 tweeters. All cleaned up now and ready for testing but I’m tired and it’s beer o’clock now…

Last edited by Beobloke; 17-10-2021 at 17:34.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Martin.

for ten bob that's amazing.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Similar to Ditton 10. Look good.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Bargain!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Andrew.

You've done well.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast