+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello from Cheshire

I'm Mike.

Default Hello from Cheshire

Hi all,

Longterm lurker on and off here but thought i should say hello and contribute a little perhaps.

System wise im now a relatively settled on a teac 501dac through a music first silver mk2 tvc, quad amps into tannoy devons. Really wish i'd investigated quad/tannoy earlier rather that what the reviews recommended but such is life.

Very much wedded to cds and only stream spotify premium via a chromecast trawling for new music, which sounds a lot better via the dac than it has any right to.
    Anyway thats enough from me, hoping everyone is enjoying their music. Best regards PP.

I'm Geoff.

Hello Mike. Welcome to AOS.

Plenty of Tannoy fans here, just join in the chat and get involved.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Mike.

Nice system you have there; and to expand on Geoff's welcome - there are plenty of Quad fans here as well.

What are your tastes in music?

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Mike.

Thanks for the welcome gents, yes quad tick more boxes than most and not many end up as land fill, music wise probably most time on jazz mainly 50 and 60s, but into nearly all styles in some form depending on mood. Stands outs for me off top of my head Gillian Welch, Philip Glass, gil scott heron. Never been much for anything mainstream but billie eilish and jamie xx for recent stuff get a lot of play, so well produced.

+ Reply to Thread