+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Welcome from Bicester UK

I'm Alexandre.

Default Welcome from Bicester UK

Hello everyone,

My name is Alex, I'm a music lover (aren't we all!!).
    I have a pair of KEF 105/2 speakers, my amp is a SS Audio Analogue Puccini SE and my main sources are a Thorens 104 turntable and a rega Saturn CD player.
    All my cables are made by me; from power cables to speaker cables and interconnects... all made at home.
    I'm currently in the process of making my own poweramps from ICEPower cards.
    I'm a CAD designer and instructor.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Alexandre.

I like to make up my own cables; not because I think they are better than ready made items, rather in the past my gear used to use a plethora of different connector types.

What are your tastes in music?

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Hello Alex. Welcome to AOS.

I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here, so just join in.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alexandre.

Hi guys,

I enjoy both sides of the hobby.
    I like the tech side and am actively always in the hunt to improve my sound system; and I enjoy the system itself and the endless hours of pleasure I get out of it.
    Concerning cables, I do feel that I get excellent results from some homebrew cables that I would only get out of commercial cables that cost hundreds.
    I don't have hundreds so I make what I can't buy.
    I'm actively searching for a way to improve my KEF 105/2 speakers.
    I don't care if the drivers aren't the original ones as I have absolutely no intention of parting with these speakers.
    Listening wise, I listen to a lot of vinyl records and CDs as sources and genre I tend to listen to rock, jazz and classical music.
    I'm also building type-D power amps for my system at the moment.
    Each monoblock will have 500W per channel @8Ohm. I built and sold a pair with similar tech and I know how good a 230W @8Ohm per channel sounded like on the KEF 105/2.

+ Reply to Thread