+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Headphones; Can't wait lol

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mand View Post
    I’m using those Beyers - look forward to your thought on them.
    Mandeep, I'll post when I can (geddit, can) OK I'm leaving

I'm Shaun.

Well the 'phones have arrived but not the amp. Fingers crossed.

I'm Shane.

How are you getting on with the headphones, Shaun? Been almost 4 weeks now.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm Mandeep.

Any thoughts so far Shaun?

I'm Shaun.

Speaking specifically about the headphones and not the headphone amp, they are way better than I expected. Really good side/side separation, great midrange sound and good bass which was a surprise to me. Very comfortable on my head being fairly lightweight and not too tight. In my opinion though I can't see them being brill for heavy metal/rock.

The ifi headphone amp is another story. Good amp for the money but the bass boost is almost useless producing a fat, overblown bass and the stereo enhancer just separates things out leaving a huge gap in the centre.

Headphones recommended. Amplifier not so.

I'm Shaun.

So far so good. These headphones are just so revealing when compared to my 'speaker system but differ in that they are quite hard and direct compared to the KEF's. When listening to electronic music though such as stuff by Brian Eno/Roger Eno and Carbon Based Lifeforms the lack of seriously low bass is an issue when compared to the R5's.

Great headphones definitely but second place in my system.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    The best 'phones I used were a pair of Sennheiser (forgot the model number). They were comfortable and had good SQ, but sadly the foam ear pads perished.
    If you haven't already binned them, or passed them on, there are places where Sennheiser pads can be obtained, and unlike Beyerdynamics I think the replacement foam is relatively easy to fit.

I use headphones quite a lot for music production purposes at the moment. I do think the phones encourage problems with ear wax which can become a real nuisance.
    Dave

I'm Geoff.

The Sony ECR-400 I had for years were rather good, hardly used them though. I still think the various Stax I've heard were better than others.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Shaun.

Well had a music sesh last night with the main CD being 'Ultra' by Depeche Mode. Once again stunned by the sheer resolution of these things. Had it not been for the soundstage being behind my head, the sound was close to a live stadium gig. I saw the band at the NEC years ago and the overall sound was very similar. Great headphones with amazing resolution but limited low frequencies when compared to the R5's in my current room.

I'm Robin.

New cans in house - Made in UK

Robin. mit ARC CD9, ARC ref 5 / darTZeel power + magico v2. Clearaudio Innovation wood / Phantom ll / Lyra Atlas / Aurorasound Vida,
    Stax 009S cans.KGGG headamp. all connected with wires. Auralic Aries - Aqua La Scala. Manley Absolute. Focal Stellias. HD800S Hyland headphones - Venus

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12